Finance Officer – P3
Jobs at:Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
Deadline of this Job:
17 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To manage and control activities consisting of General Ledgers and Cash Books; Creditors and Payments and Staff Payments to maintain finance/accounting records and adhere to the existing Financial Rules, Regulations and Procedures, Procurement Rules and Staff Rules in order to safeguard COMESA Secretariat’s financial resources.
MAIN DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Under the direct Supervision of the Director of Budget and Finance, the job holder shall, inter alia, be responsible for the following functions:
• Submits accounting section work plan and budget inputs in order to secure approval for resources required to implement accounting activities in line with the Division mandate;
• Maintains books of accounts in order to provide up to date accounting information/records to inform decisions made by executive management;
• Reviews and approves Monthly Bank Reconciliations to ensure bank accounts and funds are secured and transactions comply with Financial Rules and Regulations;
• Reviews and approves Monthly Fixed Assets and Stock Inventories reconciliations to ensure that fixed assets and inventories are accounted for;
• Collaborates with Internal and External auditors in order to ensure that auditors have the required information/documents to complete audits within prescribed deadlines;
• Reviews monthly Staff Payroll reconciliations in order to authorize transfer of staff salaries to individual bank accounts;
• Reviews Creditors’ Reconciliations in order to authorize payments to settle invoices due to eligible creditors;
• Motivates and engages staff in order to build a high performing team through coaching, communication and providing frequent feedback on work;
• Appraises staff performance in the section to ensure achievement of section objectives supports Division Strategy;
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the Director of Budget and Finance or the Assistant Secretary General (Administration and Finance) from time to time.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree with specialization in Accounting /Finance and/or Master’s in accounting/ Business Administration/ Finance.
Full membership of the Association of Charted Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Charted Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or any of the International Professional Accountancy Bodies with good standing membership in a national Accountancy regulating body.
• Knowledge in International Accounting Standards (IASs) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRs). Proficient in the use of computers and accounting software relevant to the job.
Minimum Years of Experience:
• At least eight (8) years post qualification experience in financial management / accounting in Public or Private Sector or International organization with supervisory experience of at least three (3) years.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All application must be submitted to the COMESA coordinating ministry in kenya
Honourable Betty Maina, CBS
Ministry of Industrialization, Trade & Enterprise Development
Social Security House, BLOCK ‘A’
P.O. BOX 30547-00100
All application must reach the coordinating ministry by 17th June 2022
Apply here: https://www.comesa.int/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/120615_COMESA-Job-Application-Form.doc
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.