Finance Officer –GL, Payables and Fixed Assets
Jobs at:Bridge Talent Management
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, April 18 2023
Date Posted:Tuesday, April 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance officer is expected to provide financial and administrative support to the business, customers and other stakeholders of the business. The holder of the role will also be involved in the identification and implementation of systems, polices and processes for the Finance function intended to improve the financial monitoring, accountability and growth across the business.
• Post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records.
• Verify invoices against purchase orders and ensure goods or services were received before issuing payment to vendors.
• Practice effective monitoring to ensure payments are made to vendors on time.
• Entering financial data such as accruals, deferrals, reclassification, and interdepartmental entries into the ledger monthly, as well as preparing reports.
• Performing account analysis to ensure that journal entries and balances are correct.
• Reconciling accounts with the general ledger.
• Identification, recording, valuation, accounting, reporting and timely capitalization of capital projects, the reconciliation and reporting of capital work in progress.
• Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets.
• Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the ERP system.
• Creating of IFRS 16 model for all leasing obligations.
• Coordinate the project and capital spending review process for the company.
• Proactive involvement in implementation of ERP system ensuring automation and efficient workflows achieved.
• Other tasks as demanded by the business.
• A first degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or any relevant discipline.
• Membership of a relevant professional body e.g. ACCA/CPA.
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.