Vacancy title: Finance Officer , Africa[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at:Nutrition International
Deadline of this Job:
16 September 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Deadline for submission: September 23, 2022
Know our team
Nutrition International (NI)’s Africa Region Corporate Services Unit comprises a team of experts that work closely with the Country Offices in the region and HQ in Ottawa. The primary mandate for the Corporate Services Unit is to provide leadership and support in corporate and program finance management, budget management, donor reporting, procurement, and office administration functions. The Finance Officer Africa will work closely with the Senior Finance Officer Africa and the regional corporate team to deliver on its mandate on all finance aspects at the country level.
You are someone who has sound technical and professional knowledge of finance and accounting and have an excellent ability to accommodate to new situations within the organization .You can multitask and prioritize effectively. You are well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a diverse office environment.
You will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Commerce/Accounting/Finance or other related field from a recognized university with 5 years of experience working in accounting and/or finance, preferably in development sector. A professional qualification in accountancy CPA - K is required . Skills in financial management knowledge of generally acceptable accounting practices, financial systems, budget and cash flow monitoring and accounting controls, in an international context required. Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure, competent IT skills especially Excel advanced , Knowledge of Great Plains and outlook will be an added advantage.
Fluent in English and Kiswahili
About the role
In this role you will be:
• Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of weekly batches and update of bank books, mid-month, month end and year end financial reports for the country office.
• Ensure there is Quarterly GL reconciliations in GP and Peach Tree and processing of TAs ,ERs.
• Provide effective support the finance Manager in preparation for annual statutory and internal audits, including preparation of draft financial statements, audit schedules and audit support documentation as required by the auditors.
• Ensure there is accuracy in Tanzania projects and contracts information entered in the Contracts Database and that all related milestones are always kept up to date by Program Officers.
• Assist program staff in developing budgets for grant proposal and for Project Concepts Notes as well as assist the Finance Manager in preparation of annual allocated and indirect budgets, Pure Program Annual Spending Plans, and PWB package.
• Ensure effective management of cash flow by Monitoring and preparation of quarterly cash forecast.
• Offer support in processing procurement and service bills of suppliers, consultants and service providers.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health benefits, flexible work hours, and four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays). We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable, and accessible work environment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.