Finance Officer - Shared Services Unit
Deadline of this Job:
09 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Officer - Shared Services Unit
Accounts Payable (AP)/Global AP Process Support & Implementation - 30 %
The Finance Officer plays a key role to ensure that the Global AP Process is working smoothly through quality and timely information:
• Review all supporting documents, scan and send the documents to SSC for AP processing. Ensure supporting documents are accurate; entries are done correctly to the appropriate account codes and other chart fields.
• Manage Pay cycle process twice a week.
• Provide guidance to staff and budget holders where coding is not done well and recommend adjustments. accordingly where necessary, to comply with donor requirements or accounting standards and organization policies.
• Withholding Tax management.
General Ledger and Balance Sheet Management - 20%
Data Processing and Accounting Systems Implementation:
• Process journal entries and seek approval as per the required approval limits.
• On a monthly basis review all transactions and reconcile the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable to the General ledger.
• Prepare the monthly Trial Balance Schedules to ensure accuracy in the balances and any outstanding balances are corrected on time.
• Follow up any exceptions identified during the analysis and resolve them or refer to the Finance & Operations Manager where guidance is required.
Treasury Management - 5%
• Forecast cash needs reviewing all cash projections from budget holders, ensure all projections are prepared times on a quarterly basis. Set and maintain optimal country office cash balance to ensure liquidity.
• Provide input to projections required by donors for grants with this specific need. Local bank account management. Coordinate with the Regional Business Analyst to when billing donors.
• Ensure payments to vendors are made in a timely manner within a reasonable lead time.
• Follow up and collect all receivables including donor, staff and other miscellaneous receivables.
Payroll Management - 25%
• Ensure employee payroll data integrity through implementation of controls.
• Timely, accurate and efficient payroll management for the Regional Office.
• Prepare and ensure complete and accurate compensation data to have an efficient, effective, complete and accurate monthly payroll process.
• Ensure that the monthly statutory payments (PAYE, NHIF, NSSF and pension and that a copy of the payment acknowledgement is filed –) are done on time with proper supporting documents.
• Process all accruals; gratuity, Bonus, leave.
• Manage monthly Personnel Activity Reporting (PARs) and ensure they are reconciled with leave records.
• Process any other payroll related payments on timely manner (Separation and Bonus).
• Process monthly payments for temporary/Casual staff and Interns in a timely manner.
• Distribute pays lips to staff on a timely basis.
• Distribute P9 forms when required.
• Process reconciliation of international staff taxation on a timely basis.
Month-end closure - 20%
• Ensure all expenses and the income are posted on time.
• Ensure payroll and payroll accruals allocation is done accurately, and schedules reconciled to the General Ledger before month end close.
• Perform account quality controls prior to periodic closing, to include accounts reconciliation (e.g., payroll recon, sub-office reports review, sub-ledger recon, etc.); review of accounts fluctuation to identify and address any unusual movements; generate and review reports to ensure accounting entries are properly created.
• To produce and interpret monthly finance reports.
• Other duties as may be allocated from time to time.
• Customer focus - internal & external
• Problem solving
• Functional technical skills
• Managing and measuring work
• Process management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualifications and Experience
• A Minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or Finance
• 5 years or more of experience in a similar position
• Must be a member of a professional body, ICPAK/ACCA or equivalent in good standing
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including and good skills in using ERP - financial software applications knowledge
• Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to send in their applications that includes a cover letter and updated CV attached as one document to ECSA.Recruitment@care.org with the subject title “Finance Officer”. The closing date is 9th October 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.