Finance Officer Somalia Program
Jobs at:American Friends Service Committee
Deadline of this Job:
15 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Officer Somalia Program
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Support the development of financial systems at regional/country office and partner level and ensure capacity development of staff in program and operations in the area of financial monitoring and adherence to AFSC policies and procedures.
• Provide financial oversight of the DADOKI Project by supervising, monitoring and analyzing financial reports against approved budgets, and ensuring timely submission of financial reports (Income & Expenditure report variance reports) for program decision making.
• Preparation of quarterly and bi-annual donor cashflow projections.
• Responsible for the BftW DADOKI grant. Ensure the funds flow in and give regular reports on utilization of funds, available savings, undisbursed funds due to unsatisfactory financial reporting, unused funds, etc.
• Develop strong partnerships with DADOKI lead partner (LWF) on all finance matters.
• Prepare DEP financial reports.
• Verification of partners’ financial reports, accountability of partner advances and timely transfer of funds.
• Review payment requests and grants related outlines to ensure that all agreed outputs and account lines have been used in accordance with the partner MOUs.
• Thorough review of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 BC transactions before approval and posting for the Africa Regional Office.
• Review audit reports and follow-up with partners on the implementation of the recommendations as per the management letter.
• Work hand in hand with the program officers to prepare proposals and budget to donors by providing financial guidance.
• ARO staff and consultants advance accounts reconciliation. Follow up on accountability and banking of cash returned within 10 days of return from trip.
• Verification of petty cash vouchers and monitoring petty cash and bank balances to ensure sufficient funds are always available depending on program needs.
• Prepare donor financial reports in line with donor reporting requirements together with program staff and for audit purposes.
• ARO payroll preparation in liaison with the Regional Finance and Administration Manager.
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
• A Bachelors’ degree in Finance or any other business-related field
• Professional qualification of CPA(K) or ACCA
• At least three years of relevant experience
• Good writing, reporting and communication and interpersonal skills
• High level of integrity and work ethics
• Ability to identify problems, determine and implement solutions
• Capacity to solve problems, self-driven
• Able to work with minimum supervision
• Must have understanding and respect for the principles, concern, and considerations of AFSC in regard to issues of race, class, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and disability
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications should reach AFSC by close of business on 15th November 2022. Applications should be sent electronically to:
The Regional Finance and Administration Manager
P.O. Box 66448-00800
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.