Jobs at:ABC EXPAT
Deadline of this Job:
22 July 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance officer will offer support in matters relating to the financial management of the company. He/She will work with our finance team principally in undertaking and preparation of the company’s financial statements, Invoicing, management of account receivables & payables, and payroll preparation.
• Maintain and reconcile the payable and receivable accounts to ensure timely cash receipt and disbursement so as to maintain a healthy cash flow.
• Take lead in the implementation of the annual organizational budget, monitor and control expenditure within the approved budget, and track variances on a monthly basis
• Entering data into QuickBooks daily transactions and monthly Journal Vouchers with a great deal of accuracy
• Ensure transactions are properly recorded on QuickBooks.
• Prepare and send invoices and ETRs to clients within stipulated timelines
• Updating the CRM on client references, addresses, and projects invoice status
• Provide Payroll management, finance, and accounting services to ABC EXPAT clients
• Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required, and respond to any queries raised
• Ensure audit recommendations are implemented within allocated timelines
• File and remit statutory deductions (VAT, PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, HELB, and NITA) to the relevant bodies on a timely basis.
• Assist in the timely preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
• Maintain current knowledge of local government Administrative regulatory bodies related to financial matters and ensures compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirement.
• Advise senior management on all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance
• Assist in month-end and year-end close process
• Any other mission requested by the Finance Manager and Managing Director
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
• CPA Finalist, a registered professional with ICPAK will be preferred
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of Accounting/Finance/Auditing
• Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures, WHT returns, VAT returns, ETR Receipts, and Payroll management
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Awareness of accounting and financial regulations in East Africa and IFRS
• Familiarity with Financial & accounting reporting procedures
• Experience with iTax system and the month-end/year-end close process
• Hands-on experience with the accounting software packages, such as QB/Xero
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
• Accuracy and strong attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• Computer use competency (Office 365, Microsoft Teams, CRM, Perfex, etc.)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Method of Application
• This position is to be filled immediately & offers a great career plan within a fast-growing company. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter indicating your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 22nd 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.