Jobs at:Action Africa Help
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, June 15 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, June 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure accurate and up to date financial systems are implemented in the project.
• Assist the Project Managers to prepare budgets based on planned project activities using the approved finance guidelines or given donor regulations.
• Establish controls using fund codes in line with finance policies and procedures established by AAHI and donors.
• Prepare any budget realignments/adjustments in collaboration with the RFC.
• Monitor project expenditures and flag any issue of concern to the RFC and Project Coordinators and engage them to address these issues.
• Use the approved guidelines to assist the Project Coordinators to prepare and monitor budgets.
• Prepare monthly finance reports for the projects under implementation.
• Collate donor financial reports and submit to the Project Coordinators in advance to allow adequate time to discuss, edit and make necessary modifications before final approval and submission.
• Analyse and advise the Project Coordinators on project cash flow management.
• Prepare “ad hoc” management and financial information and reports required internally.
• Track in detail all commitments, purchases and outstanding items and prepare status reports.
• Analyse the financial situation of the projects in and advise the Project Coordinators accordingly.
• Record on a timely basis all financial transactions and monitor them to ensure that they are accurate, complete and reliable as entered in the ledger.
• Responsible for all bank reconciliations.
• Lead project audits with support from the RFC.
• Ensure compliance to all statutory requirements.
• Facilitate processing of advances and liquidation of project costs.
• Work with the Project Coordinators to consolidate monthly cash projections of the project.
• Work within the fiscal year definitions of AAH-I and donors.
• Coordinate and manage the Nachu plaza office space management costs.
• Liaise with the RFC to oversee management of fixed assets and insurance coverage.
• Accounting systems are maintained and up to date.
• Compliance to all organizational and legal requirements.
• Bank and Cash statements reconciled and up to date.
• Project audits supported and gaps closed (audit recommendations implemented).
• Financial reports from the field are prepared on time and submitted to the Project Coordinators and RFC.
• Cash flow is monitored and maintained at acceptable levels.
• Finance systems are accurate and maintained as per laid down financial procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Professional accounting qualifications of CPA/ACCA.
• Degree in Commerce or Business Administration, or or related filed. Training in Supply chain or procurement will be an added advantage.
• Three years’ experience in a financial / management accounting role with an INGO.
• Good track record of providing strong financial support and accurate information.
• Understanding of computer applications in respect to accounting, budgeting and cash control. As a minimum, this would include an understanding of an ERP systems, MS Office & any financial software.
Additional Skills & Competences
• A good understanding of managing accounts and information needed to support forecasting and budgeting
• High degree of integrity and analytical skills with excellent interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with QuickBooks/Dynamics/Sage for financial and management accounting as well as payroll and statutory deductions.
• Ability to work independently, but as part of a small team, on different projects.
• Computer literate in MS Office, with a particular focus on Excel, and Email.
• Good planning and organizational skills and efficient work methods.
• Good skills in conflict resolution/problem solving, teamwork, crisis management
• Able to respond to deadlines.
• Well-organized in work and filing systems
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) addressed to email@example.com to be received by 15th June, 2023. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.