Jobs at:Catholic Relief
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 21 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, July 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• You will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies, and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team, you will help coordinate daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Review and supporting documentation of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
• Help ensure maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in Oracle financial accounting package.
• Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
• Help evaluate subrecipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and help strengthen capacity of partner in financial accounting and transactions.
• Prepare delegated financial reports, as needed,
• Help share information with subrecipients and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues.
• B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration strongly preferred. Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
• Minimum of two years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
• Required Languages – English required; verbal and written Arabic strongly preferred
• Travel – No travel anticipated in this role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
• Advanced capabilities in excel including formulas, pivot tables, advanced analysis
• Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Familiarity the relevant public donors’ regulations a plus.
• Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Oracle financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software a plus.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Go to Catholic Relief on eipn.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.