Jobs at:Corporate Staffing
Deadline of this Job:
13 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Financial Management and Reporting.
• Providing leadership to the finance and accounting areas of our client and their Benevolence, proposing and implementing improvements in processes to increase efficiency.
• Providing useful financial insights & analysis to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy to the MD and the BOD.
• Prepare accurate monthly financial and management reports with commentaries. I.e., surplus statements, balance sheet, budget variance, projections & forecast, and cash flow.
• Preparing a variety of ad hoc financial scenarios as requested by the MD and the BOD.
• Ensuring the monthly accounts close process is properly executed, G/L accuracy is maintained, all bank & balance sheet accounts are properly reconciled monthly and any discrepancies are resolved.
• Managing bank accounts and ensuring there are sufficient liquid funds while investing surplus cash in govt bonds or near cash financial instruments.
• Becoming the key contact with the banks.
• Reviewing all payments, ensuring the use of correct expense codes and coordinating with signatories for signing availability.
• Managing the annual external audit process, ensuring that the audit is completed in an efficient and timely manner and the Audited Financial Statements are accurate, signed and filed on time.
• Ensuring full compliance with the Kenya Revenue Authority and the registrar of companies.
• Maintaining the general insurance to ensure our client is covered from all visible risks.
• Maintaining an orderly accounting filing and archiving system.
• Maintaining and updating the fixed asset register.
• Plan, assign and review Accounts Clerk work.
• Lead the annual budget process, forecasting and all other financial planning exercises in consultation with the MD and BOD.
• Collaborate with budget managers by sharing budgets and providing support and clarity where needed.
• Ensure budgets are entered into the accounting system (Quickbooks) once approved by the BOD.
• Ensure BVA reports are prepared and have clear explanations at month-end.
• Reviewing payrolls for timeliness, and accuracy and providing salary variance reports with explanations where required.
• Verifying new joiners’ personal files and change of status.
• Ensuring carer salaries correspond to care charges on residents.
• Ensuring payroll remittances including all statutory deductions to respective agencies are done accurately and on time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
• Must have a CPA K qualification
• Must be a member of ICPAK with good standing.
• At least 5 years of work experience in an NPO setting will be desired.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to establish positive working relationships on the basis of trust, friendliness, and respect with a high degree of analytical ability.
• Ability to manage interpersonal relations and work effectively with others, to establish and maintain good working relations in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment while showing sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Capacity planning, organizing, and self-direction, ability to work independently and under pressure for effective decision making, using common sense and professionalism.
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
• Proficiency in using quickbooks and Microsoft Office Products including excel.
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are up to the challenge, and possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Finance Officer – NPO) to email@example.com before 13th July 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.