Jobs at:Education Development Trust - CfBT
Deadline of this Job:
29 September 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The position will be responsible for supporting all the primary financial and accounting transactions in the organization and ensure financial transactions and records are undertaken and maintained in accordance with internal and external financial requirements and in compliance with the laws applicable in Kenya.
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
• Review financial documents including M-pesa and S2B payments and float returns guided by the Financial Guidelines of the organisation
• Prepare payments requests by ensuring that all necessary and proper support documents are attached, and the correct codes have been used and all necessary approvals have been obtained.
• Make follow ups on any incomplete documents and pending payment approvals identified with the concerned department/person.
• Verifying and inputting data including invoice registration, general journal entries and statement uploads in the ERP system in accordance to Ed Dev Trust Finance Guidelines.
• Ensure all suppliers are paid on time by performing an accurate Accounts Payables payment run on a weekly basis.
• Ensure that Staff advances and returns are captured correctly in the ERP immediately they are received ensuring the appropriate account codes and workstreams are entered
• Ensure that Corporate Credit Card returns are captured correctly in the ERP immediately they are received and matched with the bank credit card statement, ensuring the appropriate account codes and workstreams are entered
• Assist the Finance Manager in preparation of all relevant Kenyan statutory returns by ensuring these are prepared in compliance to the relevant statutes and paid on time.
• Make and monitor Mobile and S2B payments entries including bulk payments guided by the Financial Guidelines of the organization.
• Maintain proper and accurate accounting records by filing documents in a timely manner monthly.
Reconciliations and System Maintenance
• Reconcile all Mobile & S2B payments with the payment requests and Invoices on a weekly basis and report any exceptions to the Finance Manager
• Perform monthly supplier reconciliations with supplier statements and the accounting system balances.
• Preparation of the monthly bank and Mpesa reconciliations as per the Monthly Schedule.
• Preparation of the monthly reconciliation schedules for all assigned Balance Sheet Accounts during month end closures.
Reporting & Compliance
• Support the Finance Manager in the preparation for internal and external audits by availing all relevant support documentation.
• Assist in the financial verification of partner financial controls, financial risk and reported expenditure under the guidance of the Finance Manager
• Ensure all financial transactions and records are undertaken and maintained in accordance with Kenyan laws by understanding and applying these laws.
• Excellent written and oral English Language skills
• Should have an ACCA or CPA (K) or equivalent. A bachelor’s degree in the relevant field will be an advantage.
• Excellent MS-Excel skills
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Excellent Time management skills
• At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience working with an ERP system (Business World highly desired).
• Must have minimum one-year experience in a multi-project accounting department working with mobile payments.
• A thorough understanding of accounting concepts and financial procedures for development partners eg DFID, EC & USAID.
• Proven experience of being proactive by identifying areas of concern or areas for improvement
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Education Development Trust - CfBT on careers.educationdevelopmenttrust.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.