Jobs at:ForumCiv Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
27 June 2022
Date Posted: Monday, June 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Areas of responsibility
• Implement ForumCiv’s overall framework for financial management, internal control, and administrative actions for its operation for the Programmes in the region.
• Guarantee accountability of the programmes and adequate implementation of procedures of ForumCiv and the donors, internally as well as partners and target groups.
• Guarantee the consolidation of the financial information for budgeting and reporting internally and to donors according to their templates.
• Ensure the adequacy exchange rate management of the programmes.
• Lead the programmes audit and perform the audit follow up with partners and local organizations, follow-up on management letters and financial improvement plans.
• Financial planning of the programmes, follow-up on activities and budget implementation of ForumCiv and Partners.
• Support capacity building processes regarding financial management, internal control and administrative issues to partners and local organizations.
• Provide financial reporting to the finance and admin manager and participate in the forecast, liquidity plans, monthly and annual closings.
• Ensure the adequate procurement processes and follow-up of signed contracts of the project. Also, ensure costs are eligible according to the donor conditions.
• Support on the fulfilment of legal and taxation responsibilities of the programmes, and the regional office as a whole.
• Coordinate the programmes financial logistics for travel, events or any activity, provide the comply of ForumCiv’s procedures, including the work advance, DSA and archive policies among others policies.
• Implement the anti-corruption policy of ForumCiv.
• Participate in the meetings with partners as appropriate.
• Participate in the financial support to third parties committee and give financial feedback on project evaluations
• Ensure the updating of financial information on ForumCiv’s financial, planning, and portfolio management systems (Dira, Sopal, Agresso, and others).
• Other tasks related to the work in the Regional Office and delegated by the line manager.
• Contribute to the organizational learning and development of ForumCiv in general, and of the Regional Office in particular.
• At least a first degree in Business Administration or Finance or equivalent from recognized university.
• Conversant with various computer accounting packages.
• CPA/ACCA qualification finalist.
• Other computer skills including good command of Excel.
• Analytical skills.
• Excellent Communications skills.
• Fluent in English.
• High level of reliability, dynamism, objectivity and integrity.
Relevant experience and requirements
• At least five years work experience in a busy accounting/finance and administration environment preferably the non-profit / NGO sector is a requirement.
• Experience of working with grants management/ sub-grantees is a requirement.
• Experience with strengthening the financial management capacity of local partners (NGO’s/CBO’s).
• Ability to work effectively as part of a multicultural, international team.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of budget management and control principles.
• Flexibility, problem-solving skills, accuracy, very good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to plan own work, set priorities and complete it under pressure with very minimal supervision.
• Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined Globally and by Regional Office leadership.
• Proactively ensure that you operate in a secure environment and are aware of safety and security policies.
This position is offered for an initial three years with three months probationary period, starting as soon as possible. The position is located at ForumCiv’s office in Nairobi. Duty travels are part of the position.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Job application procedure
ForumCiv is working for equal opportunities for all. We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
Candidates should submit an application in English to email@example.com consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 pages) including summary of your key qualifications and relevant work experience for the position you are applying for. The email subject should read “position applied for”
Closing date for receiving the applications will be Monday June 27, 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.