Jobs at:I Choose Life - Africa (ICL)
Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2023
Date Posted: Monday, February 13, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ICL seeks finance officer for HIV Prevention and Treatment Project, and Henry Jackson Foundation supports the project through WRP. The position is based in Bomet County with regular travel to other organization sites in Kenya. The successful candidates are expected to drive the project to achieve its objectives and act as change agents supporting a culture of performance and accountability within the project counties. S/He focus shall be finance and administration.
Reporting to the Regional Manager and will work closely with other departments, external partners, and stakeholders, i.e., County Government health teams, National Government departments at the county and sub-county levels. He/she will be responsible for project financial management and administration in the region.
• Review and verification of financial transactions/activities/documentation for accuracy, appropriateness and completeness and ensure full compliance of financial services and transactions with donor rules, regulations, policies and recording and reporting systems and in country legislation.
• Prepare projects' monthly cash flow projections MCMP ensuring timely requests for replenishment of the project bank account.
• Prepare bank reconciliations, debtors and creditors reconciliation.
• Timely posting of data on Microsoft Navision accounting system.
• Ensure proper bookkeeping, maintaining accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Provide support in monitoring adherence to the terms and conditions of grant agreements.
• Ensure grants awarded comply with PEPFAR, HJF and other donor regulations.
• Assist in the review and updating of operational policies and procedures for procurement and contracts/grants management
• Provides support on contracts and subcontracts management from the pre-solicitation stage through completion or closeout.
Budgeting and budget monitoring
• Take part in proposal development and support the team in budget preparation.
• Ensure proper budget implementation to ensure adherence to budget lines.
• Maintain a 4% budget variance
• Prepare projects’ budget variance reports and submit them to the Finance and Grants Manager by the 26th of every month.
• Prepare monthly financial reports (MFRs) for the project and submit them to Finance & Grants Manager by the 2nd of every month.
• Following donor requirements, create or maintain procedures for capturing and publishing monthly, quarterly and annual project technical and financial reports.
• Ensure reports are sent to the donors on a timely basis.
Audit and Audit Processes
• Facilitate donor reviews and resolve any queries arising from the review.
• Facilitate annual project audits for the region where applicable.
• Prepare audit schedules for the region’s projects in preparation for the annual organizational audit, ensure completeness of all supporting documentation and facilitate resolving any queries arising from the audit.
• Bachelors degree in Finance or any business-related field
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Final
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting or finance role
• Proficiency in accounting packages, Microsoft Suite, and Quick Books
• A certificate in Project Management will be an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
f you are up to the challenge and meet the above qualifications, we encourage you to write to us through email@example.com, indicating your achievements and attributes. Your CV and cover letter should reach us on or before 17th February 2023. Kindly indicate the current and expected salary on your CV in pdf format with the subject “Finance Officer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.