Deadline of this Job:
25 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 13, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Activity Areas
Responsibility / Outcomes
• An important key player within SSC Finance team to ensure smooth operation.
• Provide high level of dedication in achieving SSC team key objective of quality financial data / book closing in line with Medair Finance required deadlines, including timely review, reconciling and posting of financial transactions (Navigotor/Navision or other systems) per “Closing Checklist”.
• Contribute to the preparation of the local set of statutory finance books and are kept updated in compliance with local statutory requirement via collaboration with local finance team and GSO Audit Support team.
• Contribute to preparing and reviewing monthly and annual financial statements for various country programs.
• Engage in the Medair process standardization such as improving systems, policies and procedures on an on-going basis on key processes and ensure proper documentation and implementation to cope with the objectives of Medair.
• Actively seek and provide training to the relevant country Finance teams in a systematic approach.
• Contribute to the financial sustainability, such as cash position of each country program served is at optimal status for Medair via collaborating with GSO Finance & relevant country teams.
• Provide support to the country finance teams as needed as “Roving Officer” with a visit once every two months to the country programs served.
• Review and verify if country finance teams are in compliance with internal controls within "Finance / Accounting manual".
• Support in “Donor audits" via collaborating with various parties.
• Open to the challenge of a new ERP system.
• Contribute to streamlining and optimizing the key processes related to Finance and other relevant key processes.
• Work smartly with strong collaboration with various stakeholders.
• job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
• College / university graduated in finance or accounting.
• Professional qualification in finance, audit and accounting (desirable)
• Holding CPA (certified public accountant), or CMA (certified managerial accountant) or other finance related licenses. Strongly Desirable
• Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French desirable.
Experience / Competencies
• Minimum relevant working experience in accounting and finance for at least 4 years, it is a plus if holding field experience in the humanitarian or development sector.
• Proficient in Excel and finance systems.
• Strong knowledge of accounting, finance, internal control and risk management.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with various stakeholders, working through issues and operational challenges, also ensure the understanding of the cost drivers of the business and can provide insight to the non-finance members.
• Savvy in Technology and IT driven.
• Proven managerial accounting experience with strong knowledge on a project-based organization.
• Analytical ability with a good attention to detail and high capacity to draw intelligence from numbers.
• Oral and written communication skills with the ability to present plans to support business decisions.
• Good time management skills, ability to prioritize workload and meet strict reporting deadlines.
• Business Acumen: holding strong Field of knowledge for the position, specifically in regard to Humanitarian essentials, Sphere and CHS standards, other international humanitarian guidelines and protocols.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are required to submit;
Detailed and updated C.V.
Cover letter describing how you consider yourself suitable against the main responsibilities. Please also include your remuneration requirements and availability date.
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as "Finance Officer’’ before Close of business on the 25th of January 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.