Jobs at:The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Officer will support the implementation of the program and organizational budgets. Responsible for the day-to-day finance operations of the program, working closely, with the Senior Finance officer and programs team. In addition, the incumbent will be involved in financial planning as the focal point for budget costing and allocation of expenses.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Developing activity budgets for planned activities and monitoring of expenditure against the budget.
• Recording all financial transactions and ensure monthly transactions are entered in the general ledger accurately and on timely basis.
• Preparation of various financial reports, monthly analyses of nominal ledger accounts and bank statements reconciliation.
• Timely payments of program activities and ensuring completeness, accuracy, and approvals as per CIHEB-Kenya policies.
• Contribute to writing of project reports as well as maintenance of project beneficiaries.
• Supporting procurement of goods and services for the project as per CIHEB-Kenya policies and standards.
• Maintain an accurate filing of payment vouchers and other financial documents by keeping accurate financial records
• Manage verification and liquidation of all project advances and reviewing travel expense reports.
• Audit travel vouchers and reconcile travel advances.
• Ensuring disclosure of all VAT payments in the books for exemption purposes
• Petty cash management: cash custodian, proper recording, reconciliations and posting of petty cash expenses.
• Support in payroll management by filling all the statutory returns and making payments for all payroll deductions on or before the 5th of every following month.
• Application of effective internal controls and bank policies.
• Preparation of audit schedules and support audit process
• Preparation, updating and maintaining assets register
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration with at least 4 years of relevant professional experience.
• CPA K
• Experience in project accounting and auditing in a donor-funded development projects is required.
• Good knowledge of and experience with USG rules and regulations.
• Strong computer skills in QuickBooks accounting software, Microsoft Navision ERP, Microsoft office application including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
• Experience in financial management for large complex projects
• Good interpe
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 17th August 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “FINANCE OFFICER” on the subject line
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.