Jobs at:Universities Fund
Deadline of this Job:
29 April 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: - Commerce (Accounting option); Commerce (Finance option); Business Administration (Accounting option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)(K) or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Part 1 is desirable.
• IT Proficiency
Behavioral Competencies/ Attributes:
• Team player
• Attention to details
• Reliable & Dependable
• Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Kenyan Constitution 2010.
The job holder is responsible for preparing management reports, annual financial report with assets worth over Kshs.47 Billion, the annual budget worth over Kshs.240 Million, coordinating budgeting process with over 15 cost centers and ensures bank reconciliation are conducted for the over 3 bank accounts.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
• Coordinate collation of ideas for policy formulation to enhance compliance to laws and regulations;
• Coordinating coaching and mentoring the direct reports for succession planning;
• Coordinating review of risk management strategies that relate to the section to help identify what needs to be done to prevent future incidences;
• Coordinating performance management for direct reportees to monitor and improve performance; and
• Drafting responses to Audit recommendations to provide actions to take to correct the findings.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
• Preparing periodic performance reports to ensure adhere to approved budget worth over Kshs.19 Billion;
• Producing timely and accurate management reports for decision making;
• Preparing of sectional risk register to ensure identification, determination of impact of risk and propose corrective actions;
• Preparing timely and accurate Quarterly and Annual Report and Financial Statements with assets worth over Kshs.47Billion to reflect the true and fair position of the institution;
• Providing audit schedules to internal and external Auditors to ensure smooth audit exercise;
• Preparing timely and accurate monthly Bank reconciliation reports to ensure accuracy of transactions;
• Recommending Review of risk management strategies that relate to the section to identify what needs to be done to prevent future incidences;
• Monitoring costs against budgets to ensure adherence to strategic objectives;
• Preparing of annual Sectional work plans and budgets to ensure achievement of set objectives;
• Analyzing funds utilization within the institution to ensure efficient utilization of funds;
• Adhering to laid down accounting controls procedures and processes for consistency in the day-to-day operational activities.
• Development of sectional budget;
• Preparation of financial statements with assets worth over Kshs.47 Billion; and
• Preparing the budget performance analysis for a budget worth over Kshs.19 Billion.
• Responsibility for physical assets around the area of work:
• Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution worth over Kshs.400,000/-
The job holder will be required to solve the following type of problems
• Complex and open-ended problems in the Finance Department.
• Problems are broad and complex, influenced by finance policy and regulations. Solutions will often be arrived at through consultation of the National Treasury and the Ministry of Education.
• Strategic issues affecting the financial viability of the department. ,
• Problems are highly complex, requiring significant research and creative thinking. Consultations will be required.
The job holder will need to understand the following information to discharge his/her mandate:
• Detailed verbal instructions or written requests from various departments on the implementation of the budget;
• Writing Universities Fund internal policy documents on finance;
• Financial reports of in-depth technical reports, proposals or project briefs affecting the Universities Fund.
• Complex commissioned reports, proposals or project briefs affecting the financial viability of the Fund.
Decision Making/ Job Influence:
• Participates in the making of strategic decisions that influence the financial management of the Fund;
• Participates in the making of operational decisions that direct day to day operations, scale and quality of services offered by the division;
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.