Jobs at:Workforce Africa
Deadline of this Job:
15 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role reports to the Finance Manager
The Finance officer is expected to provide financial and administrative support to the business, customers, and other stakeholders of the business. The holder of the role will also be involved in the identification and implementation of systems, policies, and processes for the Finance function intended to improve the financial monitoring, accountability, and growth across the business. The holder of this role will also be expected to provide insightful information and expectations to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, receivables, payables and fixed assets on the accounting system.
• Produce, monthly and annual financial statements & investor reports in accordance with statutory and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Ensure the business is fully compliant with the requirements of the Kenya Revenue Authority (VAT, PAYE, WHT) and other statutory deductions are remitted and returns filed on the time.
• Participate in the preparation and planning of budgets.
• Perform monthly bank & balance sheet reconciliations and ensure the business keeps a record of all risks and opportunities identified from the monthly balance sheet review exercise.
• Assist in preparation of Audit Schedules both for internal and external audit.
• Maintain an accurate filing system (both physical & online).
• Process payments to carriers on a timely basis and perform vendor reconciliations.
• Maintain and update reimbursement schedules related to employees and the company.
• Perform prompt and accurate invoicing as well as follow up on accounts receivable
• Assist in implementing financial policies to guarantee operational efficiency.
• Other tasks as demanded by the business
Technical and Behavioral Competencies
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), financial policies, procedures, and systems
• A highly organized and analytical mindset with the ability to manage by the numbers and problem-solve in a flexible environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated experience in working collaboratively and influencing multiple stakeholder groups
• Good leadership skills, business management, and interpersonal skills with an excellent track record of measurable results
• Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
• Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision
• Exceptional business acumen
Qualifications and Experience:
• A first degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, or any relevant discipline
• Membership in a relevant professional body e.g. ACCA/CPA
• Previous experience managing internal and external audits and preparing financial statements
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of Xero (accounting Software) would be an added advantage
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates to apply through firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th November 2022 quoting the job title and the salary expectation on the subject line.
Please note Workforce Africa does not charge candidates for job placement.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.