Jobs at:frican Centre for Technology Studies (ACTS)
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, July 18 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 05 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Core duties of the Finance Officer (FO)
• Managing payments of the center by ensuring timely processing, adequate supporting documents in line with ACTS policies, accurate project and expense coding, vendor account reconciliations and playing a liaison role between the procurement and the Finance department.
• Review field expense reports by ensuring accuracy, adherence to ACTS’ policies, proper project and expense coding, follow up on refunds and journal processing.
• Ensure monthly accounting data is updated in the SUN System on regular basis and adequate review is carried out and corrections implemented when necessary upon approval of the same.
• Carry out monthly reconciliations for all bank accounts, credit cards, petty cash etc
• Perform month-end closing activities such as various ledger account reconciliations to ensure accuracy in the accounting data.
• Ensure finance data is accurately maintained both physically and in softcopy.
• Ensure compliance with local statutory regulations; withholding tax (WHT), PAYE, NHIF, NSSF, NITA etc.
• Prepare quarterly Budget vs Actual reports and ensure regular project fund reconciliations.
• Participate in the design and implementation of internal controls, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable policies, laws and regulations.
• Support both project and institutional audit processes.
• Supervise Accounts assistant and provide guidance when necessary.
• The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field from a recognized Institution.
• Qualified Certified Accountant of Kenya.
• Knowledge of Computer Skills and at least one accounting package.
• At least 3 years’ experience in donor funded set-up.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Please send a cover letter, resume and scanned copies of academic certificates as a single document, including contact details for 3 references to email@example.com by 17:00 hrs. East Africa Time on 7th July 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.