Finance & Operations Manager
Jobs at:Urgent Action Fund-Africa
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 21 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Support and implement the development of financial policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and organizational requirements.
• Monitor the annual budget and track expenditure and income of the organization, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively and efficiently in line with the strategic plan.
• Generate quarterly financial and cashflow reports, monthly cash in hand reports and review monthly financial reports prepared by the Finance & Operations Associate.
• Prepare audit schedules for project audits and institutional audits with the support of the Finance & Operations Associate.
• Manage day-to-day financial operations, including payroll, grants management, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Update the fixed assets register & office equipment list and ensure safe use/custody.
• Work closely with program teams to prepare program budgets, ensure monitoring and evaluation of program results, and provide guidance on financial implications of program decisions.
• Oversee cash management and ensure adequate liquidity to meet operational needs.
• Maintain vendor relations and seek out cost-effective and value aligned alternatives
• Reconcile monthly activity reports working closely with the Finance & operations Associate and the Director Finance & Operations.
• Monitor and analyse financial performance and provide regular reports to the Director Finance & Operations.
• Ensure compliance with local tax laws and regulations.
• Develop capacity of finance staff and support effective teamwork within the organization.
• Engaging in bench marking activities to find ways of improving the way we work, make optimal use of time and resources.
• Accounting or Finance degree with professional qualification (ACCA/CPA III) and membership to the relevant professional body.
Skills and Experience
• 7- 9 years of experience in finance and accounting, with at least 3 years at a senior management level.
• Proven track record of developing and implementing financial policies, procedures and internal controls.
• Experience in budgeting, financial analysis and reporting, preferably in an NPO context.
• Knowledge of various accounting softwares required.
• Experience managing grants and compliance with donor requirements.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office and accounting software.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Go to Urgent Action Fund-Africa on uafahrrec.peopleshr.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.