Finance Specialist 2 (Nairobi)
Jobs at:RTI International
Deadline of this Job:
01 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Ensure expenses are booked correctly in QuickBooks, all accounts supported with proper and complete supporting documentations as per International Accounting Supporting document matrix.
• Process vendors, consultants and staff advances payments, reconcile the same accounts every month end.
• Support Regional Finance Manager to prepare Kenya local staff payroll, prepare tax and social securities’ schedules. Follow up on staff timesheets to ensure they are filled on time, properly authorized, correctly summarized and filed to ensure accurate allocation of the staff costs to projects.
• Support the Regional Finance Manager in the preparation of bi-monthly cash forecasts, monitor cash flow and reconcile cash accounts to maintain appropriate cash balances.
• Perform month end accounting responsibilities.
• Support regional office statutory, internal, and external audits.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Minimum Required Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience or Master’s Degree and 2 years of experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to work well in team environment and train others in financial controls and financial management principles.
• Ability to work independently as well as function within a matrix organization.
• Advanced user and trainer of accounting systems such as QuickBooks.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in a busy finance department.
• Proficient in Advanced MS Excel, MS Word, and power point presentations
• Experience with accounting software, QuickBooks proficiency is desirable.
• Experience working in a not for profit organization is desirable.
• English proficiency is required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to RTI International on globalcareers-rtiinc.icims.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.