Finance Sr. Associate
Jobs at:Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)
Deadline of this Job:
10 May 2022
Date Posted: Friday, May 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Sr. Associate
About the Role
The ESA Finance Associate is a full-time position reporting to the Regional Director and Regional Finance Manager. The Eastern & Southern Africa Hub is looking for someone with substantial experience in financial management and controls, supporting field operations and deployment of efficient and cost-effective financial operations, policies, procedures and processes.
The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with travel to Regional Hub priority countries approximately 10-15% of the time.
• In consultation with the Regional Finance Manager (RFM), ensure HOT and Hub Finance and Procurement policies are adhered to and implemented in a standardized manner
• Conduct periodic field/country visits.
• In close collaboration with Country Finance Managers, facilitate month end closing of accounting books and review of balance sheet items.
• On a case to case basis, support the RFM in consolidating and drafting Hub Monthly Financial Reports.
• Conduct initial reviews of all grantee Financial Reports.
Operations and Administrative Support.
• Provide reviews on Purchase Requests, Bid Analysis, Purchase Orders, and Procurement Plans and payments to ensure completeness, budget availability and compliance to HOT Policies/Procedures & Donor Regulations.
Capacity Building and Sub Grants Management & Support
• Facilitate training/workshops with staff and regional awardees.
• Reviewing monthly financial reports and facilitating payments to awardees.
Other Financial Milestones:
• Assist in Annual Budgeting Processes and provide monthly budget support to hub managers
• Contribute to the development, review and revision of Hub Financial Policies and SOPs.
• Responsible for the initial review of funds transfer requests from countries/programs,
• In coordinations with the RFO, conduct risk assessments on grantees and programs and update the risk register on a regular basis.
• Key resource in filling (Soft and Hard Copies) for both HOT and Grantee financial records.
• Nairobi Based, with ability to travel within the Eastern & Southern Africa Region
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Accounting (Graduate level degree in Finance and/or CPA certification a plus)
• At Least 3-4 years of professional experience in an equivalent position, preferably in the region (Eastern and Southern Africa)
• Experience working with remote and virtual teams
• Experience training finance and non finance staff on finance and procurement processes
• Experience managing audit processes
• Experience in donor budgeting and reporting.
• Experience in working with a diverse range of institutional donors, especially USAID/UN Agencies and many others.
• Excellent excel skills
• Excellent oral and written English / Communication skills
• Familiarity with accounting software, preferably Quickbooks
• Flexible, honest and reliable
Closing date: 10 May 2022
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.