Finance Support Officer
Deadline of this Job:
14 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Support Officer
Purpose of the role
The Financial Support Officer contributes to the financial set up and monitoring of the Simavi programmes and projects. You will support the Programme staff (based in 7 countries) in developing and realising accurate, timely and comprehensive budgets for Simavi programmes and projects, cash flow forecasts and monitoring of their (financial) progress and results. You will monitor, perform checks on programmes, give advice and support to the Programme staff (in all our countries) and contributes to the improvement of financial processes around programmes.
Your result areas
Financial support to programme officers / managers on programe development and implementation
• Support and advise Programme staff on budget creation, on (financial) assessment and monitoring of partner organisations and on new and existing programmes and projects
• Review the adherence to and the quality of the (financial) reporting and audit reports by partner organisations and advise the Programme staff on actions/measures to be taken
• Assist in preparing financial reports to back donors
Monitoring, assessment and reporting for programme implementation circle
• Collect financial data for the preparation of proposals, periodic and ad hoc reporting, analysis, liquidity forecasts and budgets; on behalf of internal or external stakeholders
• Financial analysis and assessment of programmes and project proposals including revenues, spendings and cash flow forecasts
• Check the correctness and approve payments to partners according to the set procedures and guidelines
• Prepare periodic and ad hoc checks by the external auditor on programmes and projects
• Detect any bottlenecks in workprocesses and/or financial systems; make suggestions for improvement, develop standards to optimize work processes and take appropriate actions.
• Act as a key user for the management information system on programmes (Pluriform/ProjectConnect), especially on the financial field
• Facilitate capacity building and expert knowledge in financial administration and control on partner level
• Provide training to colleagues on drafting and managing budgets, the management information system, AO/IC and internal procedures.
What you bring
• HBO level of education
• A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in a similar position
• Experience in preparing budgets for funding applications to different donors
• Knowledge and understanding of international finance, accounting, budgeting and the financial management of programmes
• You stand your ground and know how to provide and receive feedback in a positive way.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• Affinity with the concept of “ Shift the power” (decolonization) of processes and responsibilities
• Affinity with feminist leadership principles
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.