Finance System Associate
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 14 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 02 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About This Role
Success in this role is determined by meeting these key objectives:
• [30%] Automation, and optimization of Financial systems.
o Keep abreast of market developments, best practices, and new technology relating to financial systems, and suggest creative answers to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
o Design and implement improvements, updates, and integrations for financial systems in conjunction with the central technology team and finance departments.
o Work together with cross-functional teams to assist financial reporting, forecasting, and analysis.
o [20%] Build stability, security, and data quality features into core infrastructure.
o Automate data quality checks, testing, and alerting.
o Routine audits, reconciliations, and data validations, to guarantee the integrity, accuracy, and comprehensiveness of financial data
o Coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT) to ensure the quality and accuracy of system implementations and upgrades.
o [20%] Increase transparency of data and platform process.
o Monitor system performance and make recommendations to optimize efficiency and scalability.
o Own documentation, such as user guides, functional specifications, and system requirements.
o Work together with outside vendors and consultants to implement, integrate, and fix technical problems with financial systems.
o [30%] Work with the Central Data team to Build data visualizations in Tableau.
o End-to-end data support is occasionally required by the central tech team to support finance reports, which will include building data visualizations.
o Debug system problems for Finance systems, and collaborate with IT teams.
This role is fully remote but must overlap with the East Africa timezone by at least 3 hours to take meetings with stakeholders working in our country offices. For candidates in North and South America, this typically means taking some meetings between 9-11am Eastern Standard Time, with occasional meetings as early as 7am EST (meetings this early are rare but do happen from time to time).
Reports to: Senior Manager, Finance
About You You are a highly technical builder who:You Invest In Team Success ByYou are intellectually curious and humble. You are excited about GiveDirectly’s mission and the role that data can play in alleviating extreme poverty.You HavePreferred But Not Required
• Considers the long run implications of design decisions to ensure that systems scale and are resilient to changes over time
• Is excited by the opportunity to build financial data systems from the ground up
• Owning maintenance and data integrity of finance systems
• Documenting your process
• Training teammates
• Exceptional alignment with GiveDirectly Values and active demonstration of our core competencies: emotional intelligence, problem solving, project management, follow-through, and fostering inclusivity. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from candidates who have personal or professional experience in the low-income and/or historically marginalized communities that we serve.
• 2+ years of experience as a finance data associate.
• Hands-on experience with Tableau
• Experience with SQL
• Experience with Python
• Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.