Jobs at:International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
27 April 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Finance Volunteer
IRC Kenya is working to achieve optimal performance in terms of program quality strengthening operations and finance department by emerging tools, systems and staff capacity to adhere to IRC policies and procedures and donor compliance.
Cash & Bank payments processing
• Maintaining Petty cash at the set limits and take responsibility of any cash differences arising.
• Ensure that there is sufficient petty cash at all time for smooth operation
• Ensure all Petty cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per IRC delineation schedule before disbursement.
• Ensuring that authorizations on the payments requests are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart
• Preparation of petty cash spreadsheets to upload stage ready for review by FO at the end of the month.
• Devise a cash replenishment schedule to minimize weekly bank visits
• Ensure authorized receipts are correctly coded and issued upon receipt of monies.
• Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of monies.
• Bank Reconciliation and preparation of spreadsheets to upload stage ready for review monthly
• Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash disbursement vouchers
• Before filing, ensure that all documents have been stamped 'PAID' including cash payment reference details.
• Preparation of journals, ensuring these are fully supported and ready for review before upload
• To act as a bank agent.
• Maintain an organized and well-documented bank correspondences file ensuring it’s continuously updated.
• Assist in preparation of spreads sheets.
• Preparation of corrective journals and assisting in posting of journals as and when required
• Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
• A bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business Administration with minimum CPA I qualification
• Work experience in a similar position.
• Knowledge in Excel
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.