Finance and Accounts Officer
Jobs at:The Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Staff Retirement Benefits Scheme
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, July 05 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 21 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Declaration Of A Vacancy
The Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Staff Retirement Benefits Scheme (The Scheme'), one of the leading Retirement Benefit Schemes in Kenya, is seeking to recruit a qualified, competent, highly motivated, results oriented candidate to fill the position of a Finance and Accounts Officer.
The successful candidate will oversee and implement all financial scheme activities and functions to ensure all assets are safeguarded as well as deliver efficient and effective services to members while complying with industry, statutory regulations and guidelines.
The candidate shall meet the following minimum requirements:
A Bachelor's degree in the field of Accounting, Finance or business related. (CPA(K) or equivalent qualification recognized by ICPAK
(ii) Five (5) year's work experience in a pension Scheme or in an external pension administration firm
(iv) Knowledge of tax laws and RBA regulations (v) Experience in IFRS and Public Finance Management Act, 2012
(vi) Excellent Reporting, analytical and numerical skills
(vii) A certificate in Procurement and Supply
Chain Management and knowledge of public procurement laws will be an added advantage.
2.0 Duties And Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Finance and Accounts Officer are:
(1) Preparation of Scheme Financial reports to ensure they are ready and comply with the set reporting deadlines and standards.
() Maintaining and testing proper financial and operational controls, systems and records.
(i) Monitoring controls for financial efficiency and manage cash flow to ensure optimal cash levels.
(iv) Preparation of the Annual Budgets and over- seeing the implementation of the approved budgets
(v) Ensuring timely delivery and review of reports from service providers within the set standards and procedures.
(vi) Ensuring compliance to statutory obligations.
(vii) Any other duties that may be assigned by the Fund Administrator or Trustees from time to time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of relevant academic and professional certifi- cates, national identity card or passport, testi- monials and relevant supporting documents. (1) Applicants must submit valid clearances from KRA, CRB, EACC and DCI
• Applications with accompanying documents should be addressed to:
• The Chairperson, Board of Trustees, JKUAT Staff Retirement Benefits Scheme One Padmore Place 13th floor, George Padmore Road, Kilimani
• P.O. Box 291-01001 Kalimoni.
• The applications can be hand delivered to the above address OR sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Note: The Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Staff Retirement Benefits Scheme ("The Scheme") is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline for receipt of application is 5th July 2023 not later than 5:00 p.m.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.