Finance and Admin Coordinator
Jobs at:Strathmore University
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Admin Coordinator
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Provide strategic direction on financial matters through financial data analysis such as cash flow analysis, financial ratios, financial performance and advise the management accordingly.
• Develop and update accounting, finance and internal controls policies, processes, and procedures.
• Ensure accurate and timely preparation and presentation of the company’s periodic financial accounts and statements (cashflows, management accounts, balance sheet, profit and loss statement, journals and General Ledgers) and cashbook, bank reconciliations and month-end controls accounts.
• Ensure preparation and updating of asset register and asset management, list of liabilities (loans, suppliers) and capital account entries.
• Ensure accuracy, integrity and security of the company’s financial information by adhering to internal controls, observing confidentiality and ensuring regular data backups.
• Oversee the preparation and coordination of external audit activities.
• Coordinate the preparation and monitoring of the company’s budgets, forecasts and financial projections and report on variances.
• Effective management of the working capital of the company (regular stock takes), suppliers, debtors, and cash balances.
• Oversee timely and accurate processing of payroll and other payments (Payment Vouchers and Petty cash/Cheque /EFT Payments, routine bills such as electricity bills, internet bills, rent bills, water bills, contract-based payments).
• Ensure compliance with the Kenyan Statutory requirement, e.g., ensure accurate deduction and timely filing/submission of NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, VAT and NITA, EPZ returns, VAT Returns, AFA returns, KRA Import / Export returns, corporation tax, Withholding taxes as per the requirements of the Republic of Kenya.
• Bachelor of Commerce qualifications in finance or accounting or equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution.
• CPA Section 4
• At least 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role preferably in the Construction industry.
• Demonstrated experience in the implementation of accounting management systems and softwares.
• Demonstrated practical experience and understanding of statutory compliance including VAT, WHT, NHIF, NSSF, income tax, and other statutory compliance.
Competencies and Attributes
• High level of Integrity and high professional standard.
• Strong business and commercial acumen.
• Be a hands-on problem solver with excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication including presentation and report writing skills.
• Dependable and Problem Solver.
• Interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with various stakeholders.
• Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to negotiate, motivate and influence others.
• Computer proficiency especially accounting softwares such as Quickbooks.
• Attention to detail.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are qualified for this role, we would like to hear from you. Send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application quoting “Tittle” on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st October 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.