Finance and Admin Manager, USAID Scaling Inclusive Food Systems
Jobs at:TechnoServe Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TechnoServe seeks a dynamic and motivated Finance and Admin Manager for an upcoming food systems program in Kenya. The Finance and Admin Manager will have the exciting opportunity to help transform the food system in 17 counties in Kenya.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
Financial Management and Analysis:
• Ensure reliability and accuracy of data entered by the finance team;
• Review all cash receipts/credits to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with corporate policies and that program budgets have been created in the financial system to track expenditure of the funds received;
• Monitor subawards and compliance with subaward agreements and TechnoServe sub-award manual;
• Ensure the project is implemented with sound financial and administrative practices;
• Ensure that all processes and procurements adhere to corporate policy, legal and contractual obligations and corporate and donor standards;
• Oversee program budgets to ensure spending rates are on target;
• Produce financial reports for internal and external consumption (to include total grant amount, spend to date, spend this year, amount remaining, cash received, cash remaining/ short and estimated months remaining);
• Produce annual budget proposal to the donor;
• Support annual program donor audit;
• Resolve any discrepancies and errors in a timely manner;
• Provide internal program control and audit functions;
• Review expense entries monthly to ensure accuracy;
Personnel and Grants Management:
• Manage MDF Compliance and TA Grants Manager, as well as field administrative assistants;
• Ensure administrative staff receive training and support to perform job functions;
• Maintain a file of all correspondence related to the program, including the original grant agreement and communication with the donor;
• Maintain a schedule of report due dates, audit requirements and cash disbursement request and notify relevant individuals (in advance of approaching relevant dates).
• Provide overall coordination and quality monitoring of the project team’s finances;
• Work closely with Regional Program Manager to ensure that program work plans and financial programs are in sync;
• Share spending analyses and trends with program team members to help synchronize program and financial decision-making processes;
• Coordinate with TechnoServe Kenya’s Controller on program’s contribution to country budget;
• Interface with other country, regional and HQ staff;
• Ensure financial information is shared and flows transparently within the program team and to other organizational levels, as appropriate;
• Work with program team to identify financial/administrative needs;
• Liaise with the donor representative regarding financial and administrative oversight, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, business administration, economics, or other relevant area;
• Minimum of five years of relevant experience, of which some may be substituted by certification such as CMA, CPA or other related certification;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills;
• PC computer skills in MS word, excel and PowerPoint required and knowledge of Serenic Navigator or other fund-based accounting software preferred;
• Management experience required;
• Fluency in English required; Kiswahili experience preferred
• Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Proficiency in Kiswahili
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Detail orientation, including strong organizational, analytical and quantitative skills.
• Proven team player with strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other administrative applications.
• Strong private sector market orientation, entrepreneurial and innovative thinker.
• An estimated 3-5 mid- and senior-level staff. Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams desired.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.