Finance and Administration Assistant - Compound
Jobs at:Lutheran World Federation
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The job holder is responsible for collecting and recording financial information and ensure the organization financial records in order
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare compound management invoice scheduling based on room allocations and invoicing related agencies accordingly.
• Keep track of partner’s payments by maintaining accurate receivable reports for each partner and distributing statements before the end of each quarter of the year.
• Keep track of compound other income, follow up on payments and red flag overdue accounts for necessary action.
• In conjunction with Finance Officer, review MOU with partners, circulate to partners and ensure that it is signed before the commencement of the annual year.
• Prepare annual budget estimates in readiness for approval by compound partners before the commencement of the period under consideration.
• Accurately track compound day to day expenditures, ensuring that they are properly supported.
• Undertake monthly reconciliation of cash disbursements to HQ for compound transactions against actual expenses from those disbursements.
• Keep accurate track of supplier’s statements for each month of the year and share these reports to the management committee.
• Distribute aging report for outstanding income for partners under consideration.
• Circulate monthly management reports that details budgeted vs actual expenditure for the respective month.
• Sequential and proper filling of all the compound management documents for all expenses both at the program level and headquarter level.
• Perform monthly cash flows for the compound that reconciles income and expenditure statements and the bank balance at the end of the month.
• Disbursement of cash payments ensuring all relevant supporting documents are attached and that all the calculation are accurate.
• Cash withdrawals from the bank and maintain compound petty cash ensuring that all the payments are adequately supported.
• Preparing final books of accounts in readiness for audit of the year under consideration. This should be done in the first month after the year of audit.
• Keep track of all compound property, maintaining asset register and ensuring that they are tagged and verifiable.
• Ensure that the compound environment remain tidy at all times.
• Schedule repairs for various assets including building to ensure that they remain in good state at all times.
• Help in planning for compound management meetings by circulating notices and agenda.
• Circulate MOUs and approved budgets to partners for signing before the commencement of the year under consideration.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or similar field.
• Work with minimal or no supervision
• 5 years relevant experience in the finance and accounting function in a comparable organization
• Financial reporting
• Budgeting and Forecasting
• Financial Analysis
• MS Excel
• Accounting knowledge
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.