Finance and Administration Assistant
Jobs at:Action Against Hunger
Deadline of this Job:
02 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Monthly accountancy and supporting documentation
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
• The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
• Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business travel as well as to the country offices if appropriate. Based on the country office needs, the time spent on field trips will be determined on a need basis. While visiting the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
Gender Equality Commitments & Zero Tolerance to Abuse
• Foster an environment that reinforces the values of women and men, and equal access to information.
• Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
• Promote a safe, secure, and respectful environment for all stakeholders, particularly for children, beneficiaries, and members of staff.
• Help to prevent any type of abuse including workplace harassment and sexual abuse and exploitation.
• Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
• Value and respect all cultures.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
• Business related Field: Finance/Accounting/Professional qualification of CPA will be added advantage
Required Skills & Competencies
• Excellent analytical and writing skills.
• Problem Solver.
• Compatibility for both independence and teamwork.
• Persuasive and confident communicator, able to deal with senior colleagues throughout the organization.
• Persistence and assertiveness combined with tact and diplomacy
• 2-3 years’ experience in a busy organization or Non-profit organization
• Demonstrated flexibility and or adaptability.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Good writing skills. Good management and representation skills.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to work in high pressured environment
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.