Finance and Administration Assistant
Deadline of this Job:
19 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Project Overview and Role:
Funded under the US President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through a cooperative agreement with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Palladium Development and Consultancy Kenya Ltd (Palladium Kenya) anticipates 5-year funding to support the Kenya Ministry of Health, county governments and healthcare service delivery partners to implement technological innovations in health information systems. These innovations include the development and scale up of electronic medical records (EMR) systems for clinical decision support and improved patient care, the development of the Kenya National Data Warehouse (NDW), a centralized data repository of information from EMRs for analysis and reporting, the development of an interoperability layer to support the exchange of information across systems, and numerous other innovations including patient identification using smart cards, informatics solutions to support health surveillance, and mHealth solutions to support data collection at the community level. The Finance and Administration Assistant works as an integral member of Palladium Kenya’s Finance team reporting to Finance & Administrations Lead. The position will be responsible for processing of petty cash payments, preparing documents for posting into the accounting system and ensuring proper filing of documents in hardcopies and electronically, and will provide day-to-day financial and administrative support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Review and confirm that the prices charged as per the invoices match the Purchase orders.
• Match invoices to the Purchase orders and goods received notes, prepare payment approval vouchers and post invoices into the financial management system.
• Follow up with the procurement and other teams for any support document which may be required.
• In liaison with the procurement team, follow up credit notes in case of overcharges or short supply.
• Reconcile vendor GL accounts with the vendor statements monthly.
• In liaison with the procurement team, follow up with the vendors for invoices in the statements but not delivered to accounts receivable.
• File payment vouchers manually and electronically after payments.
• Attach evidence of payments for all the payments made to the payment vouchers.
• Collate all vendor invoices and file in vendor invoice files.
• Assist the team in preparing accrual schedule before month end close.
• Support finance team in ensuring all statutory deductions are paid on time and evidence of payment obtained and properly filed.
• Work with other finance team members in processing payment to the vendors and employees timely.
• Process payments for withholding taxes.
• Petty Cash
• Keep petty cash as guided by Palladium Kenya standard operating procedures (SOP).
• Make petty cash payments after approvals and ensure required support documents are provided.
• Submit petty cash voucher to Finance and Admin, Associate for posting.
• Reconcile petty cash balance with the ledger daily.
• Avail petty cash and petty logs for surprise cash count at any time when requested.
• Initiate petty cash replenishment process to replenish petty cash float.
• Ensure the office has enough petty cash balance to support the operations.
• Maintain office supplies inventory, ensure the office is sufficiently stocked with supplies.
• Maintain records, documentation, and files for finance, operation & administration work.
• Work with the team to ensure timely payment of utilities and other bills.
• Support procurement and logistics.
• Provide support during audits.
• Perform other duties delegated by the supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to pay attention to detail.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Time management and prioritization skills.
Professional Expertise/Competencies Preferred:
• 2 years work experience or CPA finalist with at least 3 years’ experience.
• Experience in accounting software.
• Understanding of bookkeeping.
About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status. Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply here https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/requisition/14911/application?c=palladium&jobboardid=0#1
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.