Finance and Administration Intern
Jobs at:Brooke East Africa
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Timely preparation of petty cash payments
• Preparing payment vouchers well coded to respective accounts and filing;
• Recording petty cash payment vouchers daily in the cash/bank sub journal;
• Preparing payment vouchers and ensuring that all transactions are properly and fully documented and recorded in the cash/bank sub journal;
• Ensuring that all supporting documentation are prepared and filed according to Brooke EA procedures;
• Support in maintaining custody of the office cash fund, review expense reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved and documented.
Petty Cash Management
• Maintaining Petty cash float at approved levels;
• Processing Petty cash requests in an efficient manner;
• Paying out Petty cash only upon satisfactorily meeting the threshold of accurate documentation, authorized transaction and alignment to financial system requirements;
• Ensuring that Petty cash documentation is filed for record and monthly reconciliation is done;
• Supporting in the petty cash documentation and facilitating spot checks from time to time;
• Checking financial documents for accuracy and completeness, proper coding of expenses in line with relevant systems and procedures;
• Preparing financial documents and records for proper filing;
• Any other duty assigned from time to time.
Support in Audit
• Support in reviewing all data to ensure that receipts are adequately checked off by stamping, all vouchers fully signed and all documents correctly filed;
• Working with the Finance team in supporting the availing of records and documents for audits, and specifically ensuring compliance with all finance requirements
Knowledge, qualifications, skills and experience
• At least 3 months working experience in a Finance / Accounts office.
• CPA 1 or its equivalent. B com degree is an added advantage.
• Good operating knowledge in MS-Excel and reporting.
• Ability to multi task in various disciplines and fast learner.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the role holder will be required to;
Take responsibility for own actions, behaviors and outcomes
• Take responsibility for their own learning and fostering growth and development in others
• Create and maintain harmonious and constructive working relationships with others internally and/or externally
• Ensure that time and resources are utilized to best effect for the achievement of the Brooke’s goals and mission and that others are committed to agreed courses of action
• Make clear, informed and timely decisions that lead to effective outcomes in line with the Brooke’s mission.
• Seek out and develop new ideas and approaches, respond positively and constructively to change and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
• Work respectfully, effectively and collaboratively with others in the team, across the organization and externally to deliver effective outcomes.
• Communicate clearly, concisely and compellingly in a manner that is appropriate.
• Engage respectfully with others both internally and/or externally to persuade them to adopt courses of action that are in the best interests of the organization and the animals.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 6
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be addressed to the undersigned on or before 10th February 2023, 00.00hrs.
For consideration, please send your application to:
Brooke East Africa
P.O. Box 43220 – 00100
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.