Finance and Administration Manager
Jobs at:Institution of Engineers of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
20 January 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for overseeing all financial accounting, revenue collection and debt management including efficient collection of account receivables. The office holder will also be responsible for all tax compliance and statutory deductions for compliance with applicable laws. The holder shall be responsible for development and implementation of effective finance strategies and implementation of policies as directed by the council. This includes but not limited to responsible management of petty cash, management of all account payables and timely disbursements, all operations in Procurement and IT for effective support of operations and business continuity. We are looking for a candidate with good negotiation skills and capable of working with targets and tight deadlines
• Manage the accounting, finance, and operational components of IEK including the various petty cash funds and finance, accounting, procurement and IT services.
• Establish and implement Finance, Accounting and Procurement Policies and Procedures of the organization.
• Prepare and manage cash flows and develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
• Establish / implement an investment policy for IEK.
• Identification and Management of risks exposure to the organization’s investments and offer advisory/recommendations on actions to be taken.
• Monitoring of bank accounts to ensure safety of Institution’s funds.
• Grow IEK revenues for financial sustainability while introducing new revenue streams.
• Supervise staff and consultants working on finance, procurement and ICT.
• Coordinate and oversee program tendering and procurement activities.
• Develop and implement office operations and personnel procedures and tools and instruments.
• Maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds.
• Keep track of assigned accounts and recovery of account receivables
• Ensure compliance with Laws and policies.
Qualification and Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, or related field. A postgraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Equivalent
• CPAK and have a valid membership with ICPAK professional body.
• Minimum of 10 years progressive experience working in a similar role
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must include a cover letter and a resume which has at least three referees which should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org copy to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday 20th January, 2023. Due to the expected volume of applications, IEK will only enter further correspondence with short-listed candidates.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.