Finance and Administration Manager
Jobs at:ManPower Services
Deadline of this Job:
10 March 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB REF: MN 8258
The holder will be responsible for managerial oversight of the finance and administrative docket of the organization. In particular, they will attend to the planning, executing and reporting on financial and administrative matters, in managing diverse account and procurement requirements, as well as in maintaining conducive supplier and key account relationships. To provide oversight and leadership on the financial and administrative matters of the organization.
• The Finance and Administration Manager shall report directly to the CEO and shall be responsible for the day to day management of Finance and accounting functions of the organization
• The Finance and Administration Manager will also manage the organizaion’s budget portfolio and report directly to the CEO on all program related matters.
• The Finance and Administration Manager shall lead the team and shall work closely with the various managers to ensure efficient and effective operations of the organization
• Supervise and maintain financial and administrative records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, payroll, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports
• Ensure that the strategy and departmental plans are in place for meeting internal and external stakeholder expectations
• Oversee financial department and supervise employees, including financial assistants and accountants, the project vehicles, drivers and messengers as per the organization’s rules and regulations
• Develop the financial strategy aligned to the organizational strategy
• Provide senior management and boards strategic advice on investments of company savings, legacies etc.
• Develop and cost saving strategies and oversee implementation and tracking
• Develop financial risk assessments and risk reduction strategies
• Strategic financial planning to support fund raising efforts (e.g. Multi year and annual Budgeting)
• Prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required;
• Maintain delivery records and make project transactions; maintain inventory of project assets; prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports; prepare annual budget; prepare fund release statements;
• Offer administrative support to the management programmes including administration of budgets
• Support to the project team in Accounting, Administrative and Financial Matters
• Active support to resource mobilization, partnerships and networking issues
• Prepare analytical report and TPP on Budget and Expenditure on a regular basis to the management
• Ensure proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for and all projects
• Contract and provide oversight for outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
• Track the organization’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
• Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the organization
• Research and analyze financial reports and market trends
• Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
• Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
• Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system
• Facilitation of information flow, coordination of schedule and other logistic arrangements Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons
• Advise and assist staff, volunteers, interns and consultants on all issues of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters; authorize payments due for claims and services
• Ensure daily administrative and secretarial support to the team, including daily correspondences, maintenance of filing system, printing and photocopying, updating official travel and leave plan, and event list.
• Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders and executives in formal meetings
• Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
• Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the organization
• Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the CEO and COP
Knowledge And Experience
• MUST HAVE experience in managing USAID funded projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Developing Budgets and tracking budget expenses
• Legal Compliance knowledge
• Sound understanding of Accounting principles
• Computer proficient with Microsoft Office,
• Demonstrated working knowledge in Dynamics 365 Business Central Finance System.
• Reporting research results
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Degree in Finance or Accounting
• CPA (K)
• Minimum seven years’ experience in Finance and Accounting
Key Skills and Competencies
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Passion for people and talent practices
• Ability to influence at senior leadership level
• Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines
• A consistently very good performer
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are interested in the above position, email your expression of interest, with support documents to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th March 2023. Please ensure that you indicate your current or past monthly salary in your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.