Finance and Administrative Assistant - G5(DC)
Jobs at:International Labor Organization (ILO)
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, June 20 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Description of Duties
• Undertake and complete a range of specialized finance support functions and services. Initiate, process, review and follow up on administrative actions, including verifying that information and documentation is in compliance with financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and applicable standards
• Assist in preparing project budgets, project document revisions, budgets for activities and expenditure forecasts. Assist and guide project management in monitoring project funds as well as in maintaining the internal financial controls of projects.
• Assist in processing payment requests and maintaining project financial transactions in accordance with the ILO financial rules and regulations.
• Collect quotations, prepare Purchase Orders (POs) in ILO`s ERP system, external collaboration and service contracts, and agreements with partners. Assist in issuing and monitoring of external collaboration contracts and service contracts. Ensure timely discharge of financial responsibilities of the project’s contractual obligations to third parties based on ILO rule
• Assist in providing information to project’s Implementing Partners on ILO administrative and financial procedures. Inform potential difficulties that may arise from the administrative and finance management
• Work in close collaboration with Programme and Finance Units with preparing Office Financial Clearance and Budget Revisions for project-related activities
• Perform administrative tasks, including logistical support to the project personnel, travel arrangements (including TA request), visas, hotel reservation, etc., and provide logistics arrangements for meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops
• Provide support for incoming and outgoing missions and provide briefing materials and support to project staff undertaking project activities.
• Assist in drafting terms of reference for project external collaboration contracts and service contracts under the guidance of National Project Coordinator and Programme Manager.
• Review project documentation for clarity and consistency as required.
• Organize data and information, prepare and maintain various official records and documents.
• Perform other tasks as requested by the National Project Coordinator and the Director of the Country Office.
• Completion of secondary school education plus formal training in accounting and/or finance and administrative field from a recognized commercial school or equivalent.
• Minimum of five years of professional experience in the relevant occupational area.
Fluency in English is required. A working knowledge of relevant local language is an advantage.
• The person must have good knowledge of administrative procedures and accounting principles, ability to search and retrieve information from central databases and compile reports, operate computer program and software packages for various administrative actions, good drafting skills, ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with officials at all levels and ability to work accurately with administrative data.
• Good knowledge of the office administrative and personnel rules, regulations, practices and procedures.
• Good knowledge of national/local laws and regulations as pertinent to the areas of responsibility.
• Good knowledge of the office’s programming matters and activities.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Excellent drafting skills.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Ability to clarify information.
• Good computer applications skills.
• Proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters.
• Good organizational skills. Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
• Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
• Must display a high standard of ethical conduct and exhibit honesty and integrity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to International Labor Organization (ILO) on jobs.ilo.org to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.