Finance and Administrative Officer - MEECT
Jobs at:Act Change Transform (Act)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 30 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, June 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance & Administration Officer will be responsible for but not limited to the following roles:
Creditors and Payments
• Prepare budgets and financial reports for the trust
• Review all bank reconciliations.
• Ensure the creditors control account is reconciled to the general ledger at all times.
• Check payment voucher requisitions against supporting documentation, coding and authorize the
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies, procedures and ensure implementation of
• the same.
• Liaison officer for external relations in financial matters (e.g. banks, auditors, statutory
• organizations etc).
• Manage payments and ensure that they are paid on time, authorised by appropriate staff, and the financial process and procedures are followed.
• Manage and track employees leave days.
Government, Compliance and Statutory Requirements
• Prepare the annual statutory financial statements
• Liaise with KRA advisor on any tax related matters.
• Be the key liaison for MEECT external audit process.
• Create and maintain a record of all Kenyan regulatory requirements including insurance renewals,
• work permits, other licences and premises permits.
• Ensure all statutory liabilities of MEECT for taxes and duties are paid on time.
• Keep up-to- date with relevant accounting standards and regulations in Kenya.
• Where required, work with management to prepare and maintain employment contracts for
• MEECT Staff.
• Liaison with the auditors in financial auditing of all the projects of the organization.
• Obtain approvals from Trust Coordinator and the donors on all procurements and purchases for the
• projects and for the organization.
• Manage financial control, prepare and analyse budgets, develop projects financial reports and make
• recommendations to the organization on budget expenditure.
• Track Trust financial expenditures.
• Participate in fund raising activities for the Trust.
• Help to set up project meetings.
• Keep relevant project documents safe for audits.
• Perform all administration and procurement work when needed.
• Generally, in charge of office administration.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com) degree (Finance or Accounting Option), Business
• Administration/Management (Finance or Accounting option) or any related field.
• Holder of CPA II (SEC 4)
• Member of Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPAK).
• At least three (3) years working experience in finance and administrative functions in a medium
• organization and fundraising and working with donor funded project experience will be an added
• Experience in procurement and preparation of financial reports and budget.
Essential Skills and Competencies
• Excellent analytical and organization skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and team player.
• Demonstrate ability to manage human resource and projects.
• Problem-solving skills and strong attention to details.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Highly proficient in accounting packages, MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint etc.
Must be fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili. Proficiency in other local languages may be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.