Finance and Budget Assistant, G5
Jobs at:Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 28 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of, and ability to apply financial rules, regulations and procedures in the UN environment; Knowledge, skills and ability to extract, interpret, analyze and format data across the full range of finance and budget functions; The ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Shows pride in work and in achievements; Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; Remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided as “clients’ and seeks to see things for their point of view; Identifies clients’ needs and matches appropriate solutions; Keeps client informed of progress or setbacks,
• TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; Is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even if such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• High school diploma or completion of secondary school is required. Supplementary qualification in finance, administration, project management is desirable.
• Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
• A minimum of five (5) years of progressively work experience in finance, budget or related area is required.
• The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced by two years for candidates who possess a first level University degree.
• Working experience with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and finance system such as Oracle or SAP and experience with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) is desirable.
• Experience with data analysis and reconciliation in excel or similar tools is desirable.
• Working experience with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or Treasury functions is desirable.
• Experience on client support such as communication with clients and handling of iNeed tickets or equivalent is desirable.
• Experience with the use of Microsoft Excel is desirable.
• Experience in reconciling financial data from two or more sources is desirable.
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
NOTE: “fluency equals a rating of “fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and “ Knowledge of” equals a rating of “ confident” in two of the four areas.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.