Finance and Budget Assistant
Jobs at:United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Deadline of this Job:
21 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of, and ability to apply financial rules, regulations and procedures in the UN environment; Knowledge on financial management and accounting of projects, Solutions oriented; Knowledge, skills and ability to extract, interpret, analyze and format data across the full range of finance and budget functions; The ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making; Shows pride in work and in achievements; Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; Remains calm in stressful situations.
• TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise, is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; Identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusts priorities as required; Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; Uses time efficiently.
• Completion of secondary school (High school diploma) is required. Additional technical qualifications, CPA or equivalent is required.
• Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
• A minimum of seven years of experience in finance, budget, accounting, administrative services or related area is required.
• Experience working with Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP) such as Systems Applications and Products (SAP) is required.
• Experience with Global Environment Facility (GEF) projects or similar Internationally/global donor funded projects is desirable.
• One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post fluency in English is required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: High School
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.