Finance and Budget Assistant
Jobs at:United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Deadline of this Job:
09 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Creation of new grants based on approved project or POW budgets and requesting for their approval in Umoja
• Creation of grants project structure models to address donor and organizational reporting requirements
• Grant accounting including management of released and unreleased budgets
• Creation of project down payments against approved P1 grants
• Recording of project expenditures as reported by implementing partners
• Month-end and year-end closing processes including transactional analysis and clean-up of processed data
• Execute budget distribution in Umoja based on approved appropriations, redeployments and allotments
• Creation of funds pre-commitment, commitments and funds blocks against authorized budgets and the necessary approvals
• Monitoring budget utilization against approved expenditure classes to stop the budget is not overspent
• Posting of approved adjustments against approved budgets.
• Donor Reporting
• Creation of donor reports against approved projects, grants and donor agreements
• Perform other duties as may be required.
• Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Supplementary training in Accounting and Finance is highly desirable.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in finance, accounting is required
• Experience in an international organization with accounting and/or financial/Budget management roles is required
• Prior experience in the UN system and working knowledge of UMOJA and/or other ERP applications highly
Closing: 09 December 2022
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.