Finance and Budget Officer
Jobs at:United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2022
Date Posted: Monday, August 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Professionalism: Knowledge of financial principles and practices. Ability to independently conduct research and analysis, formulate options and present conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Planning And Organization: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
• Accountabilty: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments. Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards. Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules. Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments. Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
• An advanced university degree (Master's or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field is required.
• A first-level degree (Bachelor's degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent is desirable.
• Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is an advantage.
• A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting, finance, administration and/or budget is required.
• Experience in preparing/analyzing financial statements with application of accounting standards such as International Financial Report Standard (s) (IFRS) or International Public Sector Accounting Standard (IPSAS) is required.
• Working experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is required.
• Experience with data analysis, reconciliations and reporting is required.
• Experience with using Microsoft Excel and other relevant tools is required.
• Experience with the United Nations or a similar international organization is desirable.
• Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable
• Experience with the Grantor Management (Implementing Partner) Module is desirable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.