Finance and Compliance Director
Jobs at:Anglican Development Services Eastern
Deadline of this Job:
10 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Compliance Director
Anglican Development Services Eastern (ADSE) is recruiting for a Finance and Compliance Director for the anticipated USAID Kenya Feed the Future Scaling Inclusive Food Systems Activity. This project, which will be led by a local Kenyan organization, will:
• Promote inclusive agricultural-led growth with a focus on climate smart approaches that leverages the resources of the private sector, to create jobs, especially for youth, and catalyze investments in agricultural market systems development;
• Strengthen the resilience of people and systems by expanding economic opportunities, diversifying livelihoods, and building social capital and social safety nets;
• Improve nutrition, especially of women and children by expanding incomes, increasing the availability of diverse and nutrient-rich foods, empowering women and adolescent girls; and
• Integrate important cross cutting issues such as the empowerment of women and adolescent girls, youth unemployment, access to water and sanitation services, access to energy including productive use of energy, climate change adaptation and mitigation, recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic’s long-term effects, as well as conflict mitigation, peacebuilding, and social cohesion to improve food security, nutrition, and resilience.
The Finance and Compliance Director will be responsible for managing the finance and compliance components of the project in country by ensuring consistency with ADSE’s standard operating procedures, policies and accounting principles, and compliance with USAID regulations. S/he will be responsible for overall financial management of the project including assisting the Chief of Party with contractual compliance; monitoring project budget and expenditures; making cash flow projections; and ensuring timely and qualitative financial reporting in accordance with USAID requirements. Primary responsibilities will also include supervision of field operations, administration, logistics, and procurement. The day-to-day operations will include developing and implementing financial, administrative, and personnel systems and liaising with the Chief of Party to ensure that project’s accounting, contracts, human resources, IT, and operations needs are met.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of experience and progressive responsibility in finance and accounting, project operations, and office administration.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience working on USAID-funded projects in finance in administration.
• Experience leading and managing the financial aspects of USAID projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable USG regulations for cooperative agreements and/or contracts.
• Experience with financial reporting for donor-funded projects and demonstrated accuracy in working with large amounts of data.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent. Advanced degree (MBA, CPA, or equivalent) preferred.
• Previous experience in Kenyan or another East African country strongly preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Fluency in English required.
• Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Job application procedure
Please send your CV and cover letter to, The Chief Executive Officer, P.O. Box 100-90103 Wamunyu, with “Chief of Party – Scaling Inclusive Food Systems” in the subject line. Send via Post office mail, hand delivery or email email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 10th July, 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.