Finance and Compliance Director
Jobs at:Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Provide leadership in the finance and operational activities of the project, including general financial management, sub-award management, accounting, administrative and logistic processes
• Coordinate development and implementation the project operational procedures in accordance with organizational and donor requirements/polices and best practices.
• Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for the project's financial, sub-award, and operations aspect
• Ensure compliance with CHAKs financial systems, policies and procedures as well as CDC’s rules and regulations, award requirements, and Government of the Republic of Kenya laws.
• Monitor program budgetary expenditure against the approved obligations budget provision.
• Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial reports to both CHAK management and CDC and advise project PI and Head of Finance and Administration regularly on the financial position of the project.
• Manage and direct project procurement processes along the program workplans and budgetary provisions.
• Provide technical assistance to local Implementing partners on compliance issues, procurement standards/requirements, and other administrative, financial, HR, and logistic processes
• Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management
• Offer Supervision and mentorship to project finance team.
• A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration with 10 years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects
• Experience in working with PEPFAR/CDC, funded projects is desirable.
• Knowledge in generally accepted accounting, budgeting, and fiscal control principles
• Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing budgets of multi-million dollars.
• Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets
• Experience financial systems strengthening for Local Implementing Partners and Counties.
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with partners, community-based organizations, and international donor agencies.
• Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English
• Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested candidates should send their CV and application letter briefly describing his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience to email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th May 2022. Only qualified candidates should apply. Applicants must quote the Position on application Subject.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.