Finance and Compliance Manager
: FULL TIME , Industry
: Finance, Category
: Nonprofit, and NGO] Jobs at:
Feed the ChildrenDeadline of this Job:
05 July 2022 Duty Station:
Within Kenya , Nairobi , East Africa Summary
Date Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed Similar Jobs in KenyaLearn more about Feed the Children Feed the Children jobs in KenyaJOB DETAILS: Finance and Compliance Manager
The Manager leads the efforts to support all functions to document and improve standard Finance operating procedures (policies, procedures, guidelines) and training for compliance and monitoring. S/he is responsible for documenting finance processes (financial planning and analysis, accounting, accounts payable, etc.) to ensure controls are established to oversight operations and to minimize risk. S/he will facilitate the onboarding and training curriculum and ensure the content is relevant to current efforts and practices. S/he partners with subject matter experts to ensure that library standards and training are available to all staff (contracts and grants management, finance, accounting, purchasing, inventory management, travel, business development, risk management, etc.).
Position report to: Country Director
Strategic Planning and Analysis:
• Provide financial information to support the Country Director and International team in making business decisions in line with FEED program strategies.
• Review the current finance department and set up and implement new strategies with consultation with the FEED international team to better improve the department.
• Digitalize the current financial processes and systems in place to keep up with the current digital world.
• Manage and negotiate the timelines of the process improvement projects focusing on the development, implementation, administration and operation of new business processes and strategies.
• Monitor and provide updates on post-implementation and conformance reviews with a focus on continuous improvement and compliance.Manage operating procedures library:
• Create, enhance, and maintain the procedures library which includes a complete range of policies, procedures, best practices, tools, forms, and job-aids usable by staff in Kenya office.
• Develop an effective system to monitor controls is in place to minimize risk; furthermore, implement compliance tools for planning and budgeting, and finance and accounting processes.
• Work closely with the Country Director to monitor implementation of these processes and for clarity of communication of the processes.Training and Staff Management:
• Facilitate and lead on-boarding and training programs to provide staff with the tools needed to perform their duties in an effective and efficient manner.
• Act as a main business process improvement expertise contact point and provide direction, mentoring and guidance to less experienced staff providing them ongoing support in process design, process support and process operations.
• Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing and agreeing goals and work plans, meeting with supervisees on a regular basis to discuss issues, track work progress, provide guidance and support, and ensure consistent quality of work performed; conducting Performance Plan and Reviews; communicating, implementing and assuring adherence to Feed the Children policies, guidelines and values; developing staff skills and knowledge; approving time sheets; and facilitating supervisee success whenever possible.Accounting and financial compliance:
• Set up compliance tools for financial and accounting oversight and monitoring and manage the implementation of those tools.
• Review and analyze FEEDs current compliance with all local laws (e.g. Income Tax, VAT, Pensions, Trustees, Import Duties, Insurance, etc), and all leases and other contracts and, if required, advise the RD on possible liabilities and risks.Reporting, Budgets, and Forecasting:
• Administer and oversee the office budget(s) and budgeting processes, reporting and contract/grant compliance in the financial area.
• Prepare and revise grant proposal budgets; support programs with guidance on costing and inputs in creating budgets for submission; provide solutions to budget challenges and strategically utilize financial expertise to ensure maximum leverage of available funds.
• Prepare and submit donor reports and billing in accordance with FEED donor requirements.
• Prepare, present, and facilitate the review of actual budget expenditures with the Country Director and program leads.
*Perform other assigned functions within their area of expertise.Required Qualifications, knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A postgraduate degree in finance, accounting or similar field plus Certified Public Accountant qualification.
• At least 7 years’ experience in finance operations (finance, accounting, financial planning and analysis) or related experience is required, 3 of which should be in Management.Preferred
• 10+ years of demonstrated experience on improving finance processes, risk and controls.
• Experience with documenting and flowcharting business processes, in particular finance processes.
• Experience writing policies and procedures required.
• Experience mapping and analyzing processes required
• Experience with international, complex, matrixed organizations required
• Experience with aspects of federal cost reimbursement practices, such as the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR) and USAID regulations strongly desirable.
• Prior work experience with non-USG, foundations and other donors desirable.
• Experience building capacity/ training diverse groups highly desirable, both in a classroom or in an electronic setting
• Public Accountant certification preferredKnowledge and Skills
• Proficient in finance, accounting, planning and budgeting, risk, compliance, internal controls and staff leadership.
• Excellent finance processes knowledge and writing skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with all teams and field operations staff toward the achievement of delivering the training and procedures.
• Skilled at working in a culturally diverse environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of adult learning techniques.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• Excellent technical writing skills.
• Fluent English requiredKPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
• Strategic Planning and Analysis (30%)
• Manage operating procedures library (20%)
• Training and Staff Management (10%)
• Accounting and financial compliance (20%)
• Reporting, Budgets, and Forecasting (20%)
Work Hours: 8 Experience in Months
: 60 Level of Education:
Bachelor Degree Job application procedure
If you meet the above Qualifications, Send your application email@example.com
You will receive a prompt to fill in an online form.