Finance and Economic Planning
Jobs at:Tana River County
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2022
Date Posted: Monday, September 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Requirements for Appointment
• Be a citizen of Kenya;
• Hold a degree from a university recognized in Kenya (a Master’s degree or higher academic qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage;
• Have at least five (5) years knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in the field relevant to the portfolio of the department to which the person is applying for consideration;
• Possess general knowledge of the County Government and functions of the County Government;
• Demonstrate an understanding of the County goals, policies and developmental objectives;
• Demonstrate leadership and management capacity including knowledge of financial management and strategic people management skills; and
• Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
• Ability to portray and uphold national values and principles of good governance;
• Be a visionary result oriented strategic thinker;
• Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; and
• Proactive and capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The County Executive Committee Member (CECM) shall be the head of the county department and in this regard, he/she is responsible for formulation and presentation of policy for that county department.
• He aids and advises the County Governor in the execution of government business and provides general direction, coordination and overall supervision and performance of the county department for which he/she is responsible.
Specific duties and responsibilities shall include: –
• Formulation, presentation and articulation of county executive committee memoranda, sessional papers, and other policy issues emanating from the county department to the County Executive Committee, and/or County Assembly or any other forums as may be appropriate;
• Responding to county assembly questions touching on his/her department;
• Guiding the department on policy issues to be developed and implemented and providing policy direction of the same;
• Overseeing the administration and delivery of services in respect of county government agencies falling under his/her department;
• Providing policy direction in the planning, formulation and adoption of the County Integrated Development Plan; and
• Performing any other business that the Governor may assign him/her from time to time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Each application should be accompanied by a detailed CV, Copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and transcripts, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must accompany an online application.
All applications should clearly specify the position applied for and submitted in the following ways:- Manual applications should be hand delivered to the Office of the Secretary County Public Service Board, at the County Public Service Board Offfices, next to County Commission Offices Hola; OR Posted applications should be addressed to: The Board Secretary/CEO County Public Service Board of Tana River P.O. Box 181 – 70101 HOLA
online applications should be emailed in PDF format to:- email@example.com
All applications should be received on or before 23rd September, 2022. Interested Applicants are expected to get clearence from the following bodies: –
• Kenya Revenue Authority;
• Higher Education Loans Board;
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of good conduct); and
• A Registered Credit Reference Bureau.
Applicants must submit copies of the above clearance certificates with their applications. Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.