Finance and HR Manager
Jobs at:Zoological Society of London
Deadline of this Job:
26 June 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The post holder will work for ZSL’s Kenya country programme to provide financial and administrative support, ensuring accurate recording, accounting and reporting of all financial transactions, review and analysis of reports, development of budgets, and financial management oversight of sub grantees, where relevant. In addition, the post holder will also support other administrative duties.
• Develop budgets, monthly forecasts and cash requests
• Manage ZSL Kenya bank accounts, petty cash and disbursements
• Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation
• Payroll processing and management
• Manage project budgets and prepare the monthly variance reports
• Manage financial records
• Support the travel and logistical arrangements for staff
• Supervise procurement, cataloguing and tracking of equipment/materials
• Ensure all activities and procedures follow internal policies
• Co-ordinate recruitment activities
• Manage staff files in line with data protection legislation
• Keep up-to-date with Kenyan labour law and provide support to the Senior HRBP
• Review Health and Safety policies
Qualifications & Experience
• A degree in business management, commerce or accounting.
• 3 years’ experience in financial management in an NGO, preferably donor -funded.
• A certified Accountant or undertaking final exams to qualify.
• An HR qualification is required
• Understanding of Kenyan laws governing payroll management and related statutory deductions.
• Understanding of Board secretarial duties.
• Basic knowledge on human resource management.
Skills & Abilities
• Essential IT skills and experience in the use of financial accounting systems.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work independently while being a strong team player
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Zoological Society of London on careers-zsl.icims.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.