Finance and IT Director - CEWA
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, June 13 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Driving transparent financial management in all 3 affiliates of CEWA, ensuring adherence to IFRS, local GAAP compliance, and Beiersdorf internal controls.
• Taking full direct ownership of Accounting, IT, Treasury, Audit and Tax in the affiliate of Kenya and the same through local finance teams in Nigeria and Ghana.
• Member of the Central, East and West Africa (CEWA) Leadership team, playing a key business partnering role to deliver the business strategy.
• Leading all Management Unit (MU) planning, forecasting, and reporting processes together with the Financial Managers of the affiliates in the dedicated MU.
• Gathering, analyzing, and preparing relevant financial information as basis for planning, steering and decision making, to improve efficiency and profitability of the MU.
• Work with Cross-functional team to deliver efficiency and cost optimization programs.
• Work with Commercial team to identify value chain optimization and Business Model efficiencies to deliver Gross Margin % development.
• Work with Supply Chain and Customer Teams on ways to improve overall Working Capital as a measure of efficiency.
Financial Controlling & Accounting
Hands-on involvement with the local finance managers in Nigeria and Ghana and the direct team in Kenya, to have oversight of the following:
• Accounting processes as per IFRS and Local GAAP.
• Foreign exchange volatility impacts on balance sheet and profitability.
• Fixed costs management and identification of opportunities for efficiencies.
• Tax compliance and overseeing and guiding tax teams during tax audits.
• Internal and external audit compliance.
Legal & IT
• Act as the local compliance officer for CEWA, ensuring strict adherence to all internal governance framework.
• Responsible for compliance trainings in the three affiliates.
• First point of contact for all legal matters related to the three affiliates, in coordination with the legal team for South Africa/CEWA.
• Oversee IT demands and costs for CEWA in partnership with the IT Manager for CEWA.
• Identify and develop talents within the team to bigger roles.
• Create a succession plan in Finance for critical roles in the 3 affiliates.
• Ensure that the team knows exactly what is expected from them – clear roles and responsibilities (driving high performance).
• Build and sustain a strong, engaging, fit-for-purpose finance organization.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.