Finance and Operations Associate
Jobs at:Janta Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
25 January 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Updating the general ledger on a monthly basis.
• Preparing bank reconciliation statements.
• Reconciling the debtors listing.
• Reconciling the creditors listing.’
• Preparation of monthly / quarterly cash flow projections, reviewing, and monitoring the cash flow to meet short term and long-term obligations.
• Preparation of grant invoice and facilitating grant disbursements while maintaining and optimally efficient filing system as per the Revenue recognition policy.
• Preparing and reconciling the payment of staff expense claims and ensuring all expenses are fully supported in line with the company reimbursement policy.
• Preparation of Monthly payroll for approval and remittance of statutory deductions ahead of the tax deadlines.
• Providing support in the procurement process and preparation of a competitive bid analysis for management decision to manage cost effectiveness.
• Preparing financial management accounts in the format required by yourselves.
• The management report will include -Balance Sheet, P&L, Receivables listing and payables listing.
• • Maintaining the Asset register in compliance with the provisions of IAS 16.
• Calculate withholding tax (WHT) based on respective rates applicable and ensuring compliance with withholding tax regulations once invoices paid are submitted to us for such verification.
• Preparing and submitting the monthly Value Added Tax (VAT) returns.
• Facilitate to ensure payments to regulatory bodies such as KRA for WHT, PAYE and VAT, NSSF, NHIF, HELB, and NITA are remitted on a timely basis.
• Dedication of one-day weekly visit to ensure all matters finance are promptly executed and are up to date.
• Under the guidance of the Head of Finance organize meetings, conferences, and other office events, preparing agendas when requested to, taking minutes during meetings, and distributing them to concerned members.
• Under the guidance of the Head of Finance and Operations organize travel arrangements for both local and international staff and consultants in terms of flight bookings, hotel bookings and ground transportation. Sending out RFQs to service providers as per the policies and procedures
• Coordinate procurement of goods / services by sending out purchase orders under the guidance of the Head of Finance and Operations
• Properly document all supplier invoices and submit to Head of Finance and Operations for review and payment
• Assist the Head of Finance and Operations to upload payments for review and approval
• Support the Head of Finance and Operations in supervising the daily office cleaning, organization, and arrangement by checking against the duty tracking schedule.
• Monitoring of office supplies- stationery and kitchen items and place requests for replenishment. Support in the asset register management – submit a monthly report check on the status of the assets to the Head of Finance and Operations for verification and filing.
• Coordinate the purchase of monthly airtime and disbursement of data bundles for staff.
• Periodically/need basis update the staff list.
• Assist in Human Resource Department duties e.g., Filing, interview shortlisting, orientation scheduling, updating the staff lists, any follow ups on fringe benefits amongst other duties.
• Assist in making statutory payments and follow up with company contribution statements
• Offer the CEO any logistical support required
• Any other duties as may be assigned
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance.
• A Certified public accountant (CPA).
• Ability to work as part of an internationally diverse team and to be self-managing.
• Ability to work comfortably in the MS Office package, specifically MSWord, Excel, Access, Visio, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to use Dynamics Business Central is desirable
• Good interpersonal skills: ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.