Finance and Operations Lead
Deadline of this Job:
19 January 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Description and Person Specification
• Auditing awareness (ISAs), asset inventory management, payroll processing and management
• Sound procurement knowledge and exposure, financial systems and records management & reporting.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to handle sensitive negotiations on matters affecting AAIK staff.
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Strong analytical/problem solving, and management of crisis, conflict and risk
• A strong commitment to embedding feminist leadership and AAIK’s humanitarian signature.
• A good understanding of human rights, women’s rights, and socio-economic justice
• A strong commitment to adhering to and promoting AAIK’s approach to Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, and Abuse and other Safeguarding concerns (including child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk).
• Excellent conceptual, analytical, documentation and presentation skills
• Excellent skills in facilitation and capacity building for inter-linkages amongst staff, partners & stakeholders
• High degree of integrity, dependability and confidentiality
• Good interpersonal and communication skills coupled with ability to influence, negotiate, advice, mentor and train
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
• High level of IT proficiency in use of SUN system, Vision, MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point, and e-mail.
• Bachelor of Commerce Degree or its equivalent from a recognized University;
• Have MSc or MA in Business management from a recognized University;
• Be a Certified Public Accountants (CPA (K)) or ACCA (final) or its equivalent;
• Have at least Eight (8) years working experience in financial management and accounting work in an INGO or a large organization of which at least three (3) years must have been at management position;
• Have experience in development and implementation of financial systems and operations;
• Have practical experience in donor grants management & reporting, management reporting and statutory reporting in compliance with IFRS.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please send your CV and cover letter to hresources.Kenya@actionaid.org by close of business on 19th January 2023. You are requested to highlight in the cover letter how you specifically meet the criteria for this role. ENSURE TO CLEARLY INDICATE WHICH POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.