Finance and Operations Manager
Jobs at:ICF Incorporated
Deadline of this Job:
18 May 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance and Operations Manager will oversee finance and operations activities for the USAID funded Infectious Diseases Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) Project, and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) Measure Malaria project activities in Kenya. This includes procurement, logistics, human resources, accounting, and finance, as well as preparing financial reports for submission to ICF Headquarters. S/he will ensure the Kenya office compliance to ICF policies and procedures, the U.S. Government regulations, and national statutory requirements. S/he will report to ICF Kenya country representative for day-to-day management, and work in close consultation with IDDS and PMI in-country project leads, and the IDDS and PMI Finance and Operations and Directors based in the U.S.
• Maintain projects general ledger in QuickBooks/ Network system and ensure reconciliations.
• Review and process all payments requests for approval by budget holders and prepare payments against authorized requisitions.
• Prepare and submit to HQ monthly projects financial reports and budget variance analysis according to ICF reporting requirements.
• File all financial activity records according to the existing filing system.
• Ensure reconciliations of staff field travel cash advances and banking of any cash returns.
• Maintain bank accounts in QuickBooks and make random office petty cash counts.
• Provide guidance to the technical team on activity budgeting based on the ICF finance and operations manual.
• Review purchase orders and other relevant procurement documents for correctness and completeness before they are issued to vendors, and/or processed.
• Review HQ requests prepared by the procurement staff before they are submitted.
• Ensure the set out ICF procurement policies and procedures are being adhered to during all procurement processes and at all steps in the procurement cycle, and the projects get value for money.
• Coordinate pre-qualification of vendors by the country office when necessary.
• Give recommendations to the company on areas of improvement based on prevailing procurement trends.
• Work with the HQ head of departments to ensure the local office is compliant and functional in all areas (legal, tax, HR, facilities, accounting).
• Maintain a risk register for the Kenya office to track any risk elements through regular check-ins with the relevant individuals/offices.
• Maintain the asset register and ensure it is always up to date, including conducting impromptu asset verification on a periodic basis.
• Ensure all finance files are maintained and stored according to the USAID and statutory requirements.
• Support the technical leads by tracking pending issues and flagging any potential areas of concern.
• Provide guidance to the technical team on compliance requirements in procurement, finance and administration.
• Provide required information during audits.
• Work with the HR department to ensure completeness in filing of employee records.
Maintain the overall VAT report which has status of all submissions, approved DA1 forms and status of refunds. Share the VAT report with HQ on request. In case of non-compliant vendors, document and communicate with funder immediately as per the provided guidance. Provide guidance to the administrative assistant on costs that are shared across projects. Ensure the VAT report is always up to date and can be relied upon for decision making. Provide any information that may be required in reference to VAT
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
• CPA/chartered accountant would be an added advantage.
• At least 3 years’ experience performing a similar function for USAID funded projects.
• Demonstrated knowledge of finance, accounting, and generally accepted accounting principles reporting.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and ability to work and interpret numbers, figures and other financial information.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications and experience working with several different accounting software packages.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.