Vacancy title: Finance and Operations Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at: Faith to Action Network
Deadline of this Job:
15 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Develop annual and quarterly project budgets, liquidity forecasts,
• Monitor budget spending for the project, ensure that budget expending is in line with project deliverables, and provide monthly updates on financial status including cash flow and variances, and institute corrective measures where necessary.
• Ensure compliance with EU financial rules and regulations, as well as Faith to Action Network policies, Ensure all project financial records are filed and clearly labelled both electronically and physically
• Establish the physical existence of all donor funded project assets per the asset register, their conditions and locations.
• Prepare and submit financial reports per donor and organizational requirements within the stipulated time frame
• Organise regular funds reconciliations.
• Ensure timely invoice payment and processing
• Ensure timely closure of the grant agreement Maintains financial management files for grants and ensures audit trail for all necessary grant documentation
• Where necessary, carry out investigations of alleged fraud, mismanagement, loss of assets or any other investigation. For each assignment, prepare a written report to present findings and conclusions to management.
• Perform other related duties as assigned and agreed upon with the Finance and Administration Manager and program staff
• Develop project procurement plans
• Provide inputs and logistics support consistent with the planned project work plans, detailed field activity plans and procurement plans;
• Raise purchase and procurement needs of the project in coordination with Faith to Action Network’s SRHR technical lead and the Health advocacy lead as well as the county governance and advocacy officer.
• Coordinate meetings, trainings, workshops and travel arrangements as needed in project countries,
• Build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within and outside the Network.
• Plan and complete work assignments with a high degree of initiative, good judgment, analytical skill, and integrity.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Programme Manager
• Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Finance (Master’s degree will be an added advantage)
• Full accounting professional qualification - Chartered/Certified Accountant (CPA, ACCA) or other comparable/equivalent qualification
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in financial accounting or internal auditing in NGOs.
• A combination of audit experience and operating accounting experience would be ideal.
• Experience of working with Local/International NGOs
• Experience managing large complex donor projects such as EU grants
• A good understanding of financial controls.
• Hands-on experience making donor budgets and expertise on consolidation of various partner budgets in different countries with different currencies into one consolidated budget in single currency, and meet reporting deadlines.
• Experience in developing, implementing and monitoring a financial risk management framework including effective internal controls
Skills and Competencies
• Hands-on experience with Sun Systems, Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Business Central and/or a similar accounting system would be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Demonstrated ability to prepare and understand financial statements.
• Prior experience in conducting project financial reviews and coordinating internal and external audits.
• Demonstrated capacity to safeguard and respect vulnerable populations.
• Ability to work with office software applications including Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Fluency in French will be added advantage
• Able to work in fast paced work environment with minimal supervision;
• Ability to work in a team and able to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups.
• Understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Effectively respond to pressure or crisis situations and acts proactively and follow
• through on ideas, assignments, and open issues.
• Optimism, cheerfulness and an interest in other people.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and cover letter) to HR@faithtoactionetwork.org by 15th July, 2022 . Applications should include a full curriculum vita (including comprehensive details of key achievements and responsibilities, a list of references and current salary) along with a covering letter addressing the job description, academic and professional qualifications and indicating motivation for the role.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.