Finance and Operations Officer
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, July 13 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, July 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The F & A Officers will oversee and support the Project Manager and Project Associates in daily programme management duties including Finance, Operations and Logistics/Procurement activities at Project offices in Nairobi, Kenya and Accra, Ghana (remotely). This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Regeneration is a partnership between Systemiq, a leading-edge climate advisory organisation, and Palladium, a global implementer of development programmes. With on the ground presence in over 90 countries, Systemiq and Palladium have a proven track record of working together on multi-year nature protection and restoration programmes in the tropics. To date, Systemiq and Palladium have leveraged over 1 billion USD private capital and brought 5 million hectares under improved management, through programmes like Partnerships for Forests.
• Building on this joint experience, Regeneration accelerates the restoration of nature and protection of our planet for future generations by creating inclusive and regenerative tropical commodity value chains at scale. By building markets for nature-positive commodities, Regeneration protects and enhances nature, improves the livelihoods of local communities, and produces scalable financial returns. By 2027, Regeneration aims to mobilise 5 billion USD to replicate and scale regenerative businesses across the tropical forest belt; bring 50 million hectares of forest landscape under improved regenerative management; and improve access to livelihood opportunities for 1 million people from rural communities.
Finance & Operations
• Supporting the recruitment of employees, Consultants and Subcontractors, which includes conducting due diligence on successful candidates, onboarding and exits.
• Ensuring the effective management of Petty cash and local bank account which includes the timely preparation and submission of Field Vouchers and financial reports.
• Assisting Programme Associate and Manager on Month-end submission of Cost and Revenue Accruals
• Assisting Programme Associate and Manager on the calculation and submission of Cost and Revenue Forecasting
• Assist with the monitoring of budgets and costed work plans for the programme and advising on any risk of overspent on budget lines.
• Leading on the submission of monthly fund transfer request (FTR) for both Kenya and Ghana and submitting the required documents, including bank statements to Financial Management (FM) team.
• Assisting Programme Management Associate and Manager in the preparation of Client Billing invoice.
• Preparation of Payment Authorization Forms (PAFs), ensuring they are adequately approved by the Project Director/Manager and Processing Payment Vouchers (PVs) for payment to be made to Partners, Consultants or Subcontractors
• Supporting Internal and External Audits commissioned by Client or Palladium
• Ensuring that Payroll for staff in Kenya and Ghana and statutory taxes are processed, paid, and filed accurately each month.
• Ensuring Proper documentation and storage of documents in both physical (filing) and electronic format (on Microsoft Teams and SharePoint).
• Serves as the Security Focal point and conduct head count in times of emergency.
Procurement and Logistics
• Responsible for the preparation of Purchase Requisitions, Purchase orders and Procurement of items at the request of team members. F & A Associate shall ensure that procurement procedures are thoroughly adhered to.
• Responsible for maintaining Asset register for the programme.
• Support the team members as well as well consultants in travel arrangements including the booking of accommodation, flight, issuing invitation letters, applying for work permit and vehicle rentals.
• Office Management and collaborating with the Palladium Office Managers in Kenya and Ghana for joint undertakings which includes cost sharing, events, activities etc.
• Fully supporting Project Associate with finance and operational duties in Ghana remotely.
• Performing other roles as assigned by Project Manager or Project Associate.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Finance and operation role
• Demonstrated financial acumen and experience with budget, Finance, Grant, and Contract Management.
• Detailed knowledge in Procurement and Asset Management.
• Strong attention to detail and diligent approach to compliance matters in both internal and client procedures
• Experience in supporting Managers and Senior Managers in project delivery.
• A positive team work ethic, supportive attitude, and willingness to learn and upskill.
• Experience in communicating with different audiences and ability to adjust tone accordingly.
• Interest and experience in International Development and/or private sector development would be an advantage.
• Confident working with IT systems, including databases and Microsoft Excel.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.