Finance and Programme Assistant CSSF (AO) A2L
Jobs at:British High Commission Nairobi
Deadline of this Job:
15 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main purpose of job:
The successful candidate will be part of the Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF) East Africa portfolio team, covering Kenya, Mozambique, Uganda and Tanzania; providing support for finance, programme, compliance, administrative and procurement tasks. Overall, the jobholder will manage project-related resources and information, and support project implementation, management and delivery.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Assist in managing and monitoring project expenditure and maintaining financial and progress reports. Review and process expense claims and invoices for programmes, manage the reconciliation of expenses with forecasts, review implementing partners’ activity based budgets (ABB) and provide data from FCDO accounting system and implementing partners for the monthly financial reporting requirements;
• Provide end-to-end support for procurement activities including systems-related responsibilities such as setting up new suppliers, requisitioning, receiving, and troubleshooting invoices on hold, processing payment of supplier invoices and providing data for financial reporting requirements;
• Assist in cordination of monthly/routine finance and compliance meetings within the team and with implementing partners;
• Support in the quality assurance of submitted reporting documents by Implementing Partners;
• Manage and coordinate logistics for project/programme related training activities, team meetings, events, visits and workshops.
• Maintain records and information on programmes activities and expenditures.
• Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
• The job holder will support the programme team in the financial management of the programme budget, which is set each year.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
• A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible work experience in finance, budget, accounting, programme, administrative services or related areas.
• Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, International Relations, Program Management, Finance, or any other relevant degree.
• Experience managing budgets.
• Experience providing logistics and procurement support to senior management teams.
• Good administrative and IT Skills (a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is required).
• Oral and written communication and customer service skills.
• Willingness to take initiative in own work.
• Able to obtain security clearance to SC.
• Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
• Skills in Project management, Finance Management, Reporting, Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and Communication.
• Experience working in a regional context.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.